Re: hand issues, again

I or we all hope you come out ok,try not too take too many heave painkillers and we hope to see you playing again soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good luck and all the best Nela

the chordie geordie

Seems that everything went well with the surgery. Have 18 stiches in my left palm and 20 in my right palm. Quite a bit of pain and discomfort but I am managing ok without having to take pain pills. Just don't like the feeling I get with pain pills. It'll be 12 days before the stitches come out then I will have some re-hab to undertake. Just hope I'll be able to get back to playing, soon.

NELA

Welcome back nela glad too hear all went well with the surgery. The pain pills are sometimes worse then the pain. Re-hab will most likely be the hard and most painfull,it is with broken bones etc. try too move the fingers as much as you can without hurting yourself.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hoping all heals well and this will do the trick!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I hope this resolves your issues.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well, got the stitches out but due to the location and a couple of areas still not completly closed the doctor placed 4 "butterfly" strips on each
hand and wants them to stay on for a week. I am still having some pain in my fingers and a whole lot of stiffness but the doctor say's that that is typical with this type of surgery. If ya'll will look at the palm of your hands, I was cut right on the "lifeline" of each palm from the index finger to the pinky. Could not be in a worse place as you you can't do anything for yourself. The doctor says that normally physical therapy is not needed after this surgery as nornalo usage of the hands works just as well. Haven't played anything in nearly a month but I beginning to get the itch. Mayby in a week or so I'll be able to give it a try.

NELA

33 (edited by deadstring 2013-06-06 15:53:52)

Good news!
While your resting check this site out. You may see some folks you know.
http://nlbjammers.weebly.com

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Ya that is good news,it will be awile till you get your strength  back.

That sounds painful Nela.  I hope you get back on track right away buddy.  Keep us informed.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.