Topic: ?Sigma Guitars

Has anyone had any experience with the new Sigma guitar Line ? I had an older 12 string model that played very nice. I'm thinking of getting one with electronics because they're cheaper than the Martin line. I don't need another high priced guitar to bang around with.
I've tried emailing the company twice to find out if I can get electronics on the two models I'm interested in. So far no answer from factory.  I'm not impressed.

Joe

Re: ?Sigma Guitars

Like you Joe, I had a Sigma years ago.  It was the first guitar I bought myself - a DM2.  I've been looking at the new line also.  The 00-15  slothead looks like a toy I'd like to be picking around a campfire somewhere.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

I just bought a new Sigma Dr28. I was sceptical at first about finding a guitar in the £300 price range that would satisfy me. I must say it has surpassed my expectations. The sound is amazing for having laminated back and sides. I've experienced this before with an Alverez Yari I bought in the 80s in America. However I paid over $1500 for it. If you want a well built good sounding guitar, I truly recomend Sigma. Be leave me I checked out a lot of guitars in and above this price range. This was the best sounding one of the bunch!

You do not need to use the report button that is only used to bring to the attention of the moderators spam or some infraction of language.

Davev wrote:

I just bought a new Sigma Dr28. I was sceptical at first about finding a guitar in the £300 price range that would satisfy me. I must say it has surpassed my expectations. The sound is amazing for having laminated back and sides. I've experienced this before with an Alverez Yari I bought in the 80s in America. However I paid over $1500 for it. If you want a well built good sounding guitar, I truly recomend Sigma. Be leave me I checked out a lot of guitars in and above this price range. This was the best sounding one of the bunch!

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Davev, Where did you find your new Dr28 ? Not many dealers in the U.S. and the factory has not been any help. I hate to let a good instrument get away but without much info I guess I might look elsewhere.

Joe

Hi Joe

I bought mine at BZZ Guitars in High Wycombe, UK. I'm amazed you cant find them in the US. However, they are now made in Germany. Maybe its because we are a bit closer. I don’t know what the shipping would be to the US. I've got a couple connections in the US. I'll have a look at their web site to see what they’ve got.

Dave

Found this (Copied from the internet)

St. Louis Music, Inc. is now managing and distributing the Sigma Guitar line. These mid-level guitars will be offered exclusively to members of the Independent Music Store Owner

Davev, Thanks . I'll have to check them out.

Joe