1 (edited by jgreen 2013-04-27 10:37:22)

Topic: NGD -- 1998 S&P

I think my luthier friend is trying to distract me...
Still no sign of the Larrivee but he sent me to a local pawn shop to check out a Simon & Patrick "Pro CW Rosewood" (no electronics)

The serial number indicates it's 1999, solid spruce top and rosewood back.  3ply Rosewood sides.  If it has 10 hours of play I'd be surprised and I'm sure the strings were original equipment.  Not a scratch on it.  A bit of rub smudge on the back from hanging on a wall(?)
It plays like his new Martin - but feels way better  wink

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555935_10200334082367894_422216174_n.jpg

The Larrivee?  well, Xmas is still coming, I'll keep you posted.

Gotta go play!
Jim

If you keep moving them around, it's hard for her to keep count...
But those cases, man they take up a lot of real estate!

Re: NGD -- 1998 S&P

happy ngd day!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Nice! - I need a luthier friend. Happy NGD!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Happy NGD buddy.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Nice!!! The Godin company makes some great guitars. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

Let's have a round of applause for JGreen. Posted pics right from the start. That's how we make others jealous, I mean, allow others to share in our happiness.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy NGD.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy NGD! I am very fond of Godin guitars myself - my S & P Pro flamed maple is the best guitar I've ever had...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Happy NGD!!!!!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks!  I didn't realize that S&P made a higher end guitar.  Norm the flamed maple must look great.
Cheers!
Jim

Yes, it is very pretty! It was a secondhand buy, though, so has a few marks on the front (no pickguard). I haven't had much luck getting pics on here, but may put a couple on Faceb**k...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Congrats! I'm a huge fan of these also!  I have 2 of the first pro models (Pre serial #) ,a Pro Rosewood and a Pro Curly Maple, and they're both awesome!  I also have a newer Rosewood S&P Showcase that's a sweet player as well.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]