Topic: strigs,lt or heavy

I use D'addario EXP steel strings on my acoustic elec. can anyone tell me whats the difference is in the guages.

Re: strigs,lt or heavy

You tend to find that people talk about string gauges by the guage of the 1st (high e) string.
I like 11's but a lot of light strings are 12's.

The lighter or thinner the strings are the less damage they do to your fingers if you are just starting out. The lighter strings are also easier to hold down and are a lot easier for getting to grips with those barre chords.

Lighter strings also break easier.

Someone with more experience can maybe give an account on the difference in sound.

Cheers,

Al V

Is anything really made up of zeros and ones??

Agree with you alvee... I use different strings depending of the guitar and what style i play... You just have to try different strings, and find out what you like.  Mostly i prefer 12 at the light E-string. It makes a deeper sound, and it dont brake even after a few drinks.. Thinner E-string (10) can sometimes work better for advanced fingerpick.

Another thing to think about is the composition of the string...for example, Steel vs Phosphor Bronze. On my acoustic guitars I only use Phosphor Bronze strings as they give me a deep "bell like" sound.