Topic: Portable Chordie Tunes on the Go

Dear Fellow Pickers:
I am hoping one of you might have the answer to my question, if in fact there is an answer at all, here goes.  I would like to buy an inexpensive small electronic tablet that would allow me to download the tablature music shown here on Chordie directly into the tablet, that way I could have the ability to access all of my songs in "My Songbook" in a small format (the tablet) without going on-line every time I want to access my songs.  Also, if such a device exists, would it need to be Wi-Fi capable to access "My Songbook" or can I just download "My Songbook" which of course would make it entirely portable and solve my problem.  Thank you in advance to any and all replies.  Happy Pickin'.
Skip

Re: Portable Chordie Tunes on the Go

Hi skipperbat
You have to be logged on and signed in to view your "My songbook" which means you have to be online to do so. Your songbook is not downloadable so is not available offline.
A tablet will  work and you can view your songbook but you have to be online with a wifi connection.
ark

3 (edited by RickRS 2013-07-07 14:04:24)

You could print your songbook to a pdf file to produce a stand alone songbook.

If you don't know how to do that, do the following:

1.  Check that you have a pdf program with a pdf printer
         a) Open your computer's control panel (in the Setting menu if running Windows 8), find "Hardware and Sound" and click "View devices and printers".
         b) Look for a printer that identifies as a PDF.  If you have Abode Acrobat Reader or Nitro PDF, it should be there.  If it there, you're good.  If not, go to Abode and get the free Acrobat Reader download installed.

2.  Open your songbook on Chordie
3.  Look for the "view/print songbook" button at the bottom of your list of titles.  Click it to open the print view page in Chordie.
4.  Use Ctrl-P to open print and select the PDF printer you found earlier.  Click "Print" after selecting the pdf printer.
5.  In a few seconds, "Create PDF" dialog box will open to allow you to name the PDF file and identify where to save it.  Take care of those tasks, then click "Create".

That's all you have to do. Now you can download to your tablet.

A quick way to set up for access to your songs for when you don't have wifi.

4 (edited by bensonp 2013-07-07 16:30:19)

There are two great mobile songbooks that I know.  One is Allsong for IPAD and the other, which I have used for at least ten years is Songbook from Linkesoft.  Both of these work great for keeping all you songs in one place.  They allow you to transfer the songs from your computer. Songbook works on Android and Windows and IPAD

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.