Topic: Third Monday this week

What a frustrating week.  I need to change my perspective to be pleased that I have these frustrations, because it means I am employed and there are too many people right now who aren't. 

Still, the kids are grumps, they busted the ottoman that matches our sofa and so now I have to give up a Saturday that was going to be for fishing to repair it, work is hectic, vacation time is building and building and I'm having trouble taking any so I'll lose some at the close of the accounting year, my home network was hacked and I had to reset it, I still have no idea who hacked it but now they'll have to figure out all new passcodes and firewall settings, my printer broke and had to be replaced, the kid's printer broke and it's not getting replaced, my guitar strings keep breaking, Tiny's got her rattle back, and now my fishing raft blew out a seam before I even got it wet this year.  I just spent $230 getting the parts I needed to repair the floor and now I'm going to have spend another $160 to get the parts to repair the seams and spend another Saturday doing the repairs, it's been raining so much that the rivers are all too high for safe fishing from a canoe.  My raft is also infested with ants.  Probably my canoe too because they're stored near to one another.  I hate ants.  Also I got one of those "we need to talk" letters from my financial planner.  That can't be good.  And it's only the third Monday.  I don't want to know what the next two Mondays this week have in store. 

I've got a low-down dirty case of the first world problem blues.  I need to go fret about my 401(k) at a Nordstroms while playing my guitar that's never been in a pawn shop. 

Thanks for letting me rant. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Third Monday this week

Holy cow Zurf, hope it gets better for ya real soon. I don't like mondays either.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

3 (edited by Dirty Ed 2013-06-12 17:18:47)

Sounds like hard times in Zurfworld.  Hang in there Derek - sounds like you've bottomed out on your karma sine wave so things should see an upswing soon.

"Third Monday" sounds like the hook for a song.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Zurf you just wrote a whopper of a country song there.  All you have to do is put some B chords in there to make it the perfect song.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I think you might want too go hide!! you must have got your maker mad at you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

When it rains it pours, literally for you. It will all blow over. Look at all the things that have gone/are going right. Keep plugging along and remember who you lean on for support.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

bensonp wrote:

Zurf you just wrote a whopper of a country song there.  All you have to do is put some B chords in there to make it the perfect song.

At least Russell, King of the Mutants, hasn't revoked my B chord amnesty yet this week. (Long live the king!)

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Sounds like a heck of a week for sure.  I think you need some serious guitar therapy.  May the rest of your week be filled with FRIDAYS!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Zurf, you just think you got problems. I forgot that yesterday (Wednesday) was "Hump" day so now I have to wait another week.

NELA

NELA wrote:

Zurf, you just think you got problems. I forgot that yesterday (Wednesday) was "Hump" day so now I have to wait another week.

NELA

Ha ha ha.  Good one. 

The fourth Monday has brought me an ant invasion.   

- Zurf

Zurf  its time too get out the flamethrower,most likely the ants are trying too avoid all the rain you have been getting.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Zurf wrote:

I've got a low-down dirty case of the first world problem blues.

As others have said, this is a great line for a song.  "First World Problem Blues" is an awesome title.

Seriously.  Do it.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.