Topic: Hello!

Howdy!

I'm Gus actually nickname.......live in Colorado, Have lived in Arkansas and Texas
Real name Collin Courtney 70 years old with serious heart trouble............
I took up Guitar once when I was a teenage kid......I had the Major chords down good enough to jam around with some other kids.......
Things happened senior year..........the Army needed us to go down and see about Castro who had missiles
pointed at us........
Came home 4 years later had lost most of my guitar ability by then........
Got married had kids no time for the guitar........
Here I am 50 years later with a little time left......I thought I would take a more serious look back, with a much greater appreciation of God and his gifts..........
My goal is to learn "Jam-Man" a beautiful piece of work by Chet it's a long way from where I'm at........
Why not set your goals high even if I die trying......
The Guitar is just a wonderful and versatile instrument..........
My fingers are sore, so I will go now.......
Send me an email let me know about yourself......any suggestion you have for new learner!

Gus

I think Elvis is going to make it big if he keeps going like he is!

Speak up I don't see as good as I used to!

Re: Hello!

welcome too the site guss,there are alot of us here that are older and re starting playing I looked for your song but could not find it.  I am getting close too 65. I think you will enjoy this site,alot of people here will tr and help you  if you ask and it is a family site. sorry too here you are having some heart problems and hope things get better.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hey Gus - welcome and an email's coming...you've come to the right place.  smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Hi Gus,

Welcome to Chordie and enjoy your guitar. Is this what you are looking for?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0iXGqvgaRk

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"