Topic: 60's Rock in Kansas City

Hello, people of Chordie!  I'm proud to say my band The Fade Aways played our first gig recently.
I've posted our video of San Francisco Bay Blues and our practice demos of Little Sister and
I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better. 

Check us out:

https://www.facebook.com/fadeawayskc
www.reverbnation.com/thefadeawayskc

Also, if anyone has recommendations on a couple of good 60's jam songs, please let me know.
We have a lot of short songs in the set list. Thanks!!

Re: 60's Rock in Kansas City

Sounding good.  I like it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thank you!! We practiced for about 6 months before the gig.

Here are some 60s tunes that are good for jamming:

Crosstown Traffic
Heard it through the grapevine
Like a Rolling Stone
Cissy Strut
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (look up Jeff Healy's version live at Montreaux. Awesome.)
On Broadway (Check out George Benson's version)
The Weight
All Along the Watchtower
Born Under a Bad Sign

If you're looking to jam why not take a couple of songs with similar feels or in the same key and write some jams in to them?

Thanks!  Grapevine is one I've been considering.

Good rendition of a great singer,performer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks, Dino.  I learned the song during the Unplugged craze -- Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney both recorded versions of SF Bay Blues.

If you can handle a song from 1970 consider Moondance. smile

Van Morrison is one my favorite singers.  We were talking about doing Wild Night before we changed bass players.