Topic: Tablet Computer for Lyrics

Any thoughts on a Nook HD or a Kindle Fire for lyrics on stage?  More specifically, does anyone use a specific app that's equivalent to Microsoft Word?

I'm looking for approximately a 9 inch screen that is easy to use and won't break the bank.

I have a tablet holder for my mic stand, but my old HD tablet bit the dust.  Thanks!

Re: Tablet Computer for Lyrics

I have a Samsung 10" tablet and use the Ultimate Guitar app for songs. I haven't diddled around with downloading songs to a text editor or .pdf reader, but there are programs that come pre-loaded that read them.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

3 (edited by beamer 2013-07-24 02:05:13)

The kendle fire is great, but as far as an app for it, im not sure.  I have sent my word docs to it and they show up in the documents section.  youhave to manually swipe  them to turn the pages.  My kid has the fire HD but I have not sent her a doc to test on it.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I have not seen the Nook HD (although I have a Nook Color), but my wife has a Kindle Fire. It has great graphics and is not too small (about 7 inch 5 inch) to use for using for lyrics with tabs & chords. I'm not sure what app you would want to use but I suppose you could check with Amazon website and see what they offer ...Amazon usually has a pretty honest collection of customer reviews for all the products they sell, so if one of their apps sucks the customers will say so without pulling punches. I just looked and and saw a few of the app and the costs range from $.99 to $5.99 for guitar tabs and chords products.

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C