Topic: - Goodbye songs - A farewell tribute to merrillmetzger

I was just reading through the "Goodby Chordie" posts. For some reason reading all of our "heart felt" goodbyes makes me strangely happy. That got me thinking of all those sarcastic goodbye songs that are out there and I was wondering: What are some of my fellow chordie member's favorite goodbye songs. Here are a few of mine:

The Party's Over - Willie Nelson
Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away) - Motley Crue
Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) -  Green Day 

And my final thought for merrillmetzger - I how some where out here in this wide digital jungle of a GA-zillion songs you find peace... or at least one or two songs where the lyrics, chords, and tabs are 100% accurate...and I hope these 100% accurate songs are all songs that you hate. smile

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Re: - Goodbye songs - A farewell tribute to merrillmetzger

There are no tabs for this. If anyone wants to hear it they will have to go to youtube. I don`t know how to put up the link. I wouldn`t anyways if I did. If you search the song you will see why.  It is "The Spelling Song" by Red Peters.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Back in the days of mixed tapes, I had one that was hello songs on one side and goodbye songs on the other. One of my favorite goodbye songs was

Too Gone For Too Long.  Best mean spirited line in it is "You're an old rolling stone who rolled over the hill."

Another favorite is "Here's a Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares."

Jo Dee Messina's "Bye Bye" is good too.  "Bye bye love I'll catch you later. I've got my lead foot down on the accelerator."

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

LOVE "Bye Bye" ... also, "My Give a Damn's Busted"  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

"So Long, Farewell"

--Rogers and Hammerstien, from "The Sound of Music."

Gotta go with the classics, ya know?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

"If The Phone Doesn't Ring It's Me" - Jimmy Buffett

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Don't let the door knob hit ya where the Good Lord split ya! (not part of a song but should be)

Nela