Re: Tremolo for Les Paul

Looks like a winner, Russell ...

I love what you say about it staying in tune. That's always been a problem with most trem designs, and it seemed to make sense that the moving bridge idea would alleviate this. I can't wait until the piggy bank has enough in it to get one. I take it that you found it easy to install? It looks like the intonation setup would be the same as a standard stop-tail bridge.

Phill ... they do indeed make different mounting styles for different makes of guitars. What I found most appealing is that they've designed their mounting system as a retrofit, i.e., no new holes need to be drilled in your guitar. They call the Les Paul / SG style a Stop Tail, and Tele / Strat style a Hard Tail.

My mantra until I get one will be, "Patience, Mr. Frodo."

A word of caution when mounting this on a LP style make sure you slide the moveable bridge all the way to the back and set it with the small locking screws this will insure that when you put strings on and bring it up to pitch the tremolo arm is level if the strings are to high off the frets adjust the bridge screws and use some lite oil on the nut where the strings make contact then you will be in dive bomb heaven lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Roger Guppy wrote:

The guitar looks great Russ and this addition is a very sensible design. It should work well.  I have seen the results so I am now looking forward to hearing the results.

Roger

and you will my nomad friend today I am video taping a demo with only my Boss 20XL loop station ME-50 and an amp a no frills production smile

We have a very strong storm passing thru my area lighting wind rain and extremely loud thunder I will have to postpone recording till after it clears the area hopefully later this afternoon but everything is setup and ready to shoot keep you posted smile

Well, the Stetsbar Pro II tremolo has finally arrived, and is now installed on my Les Paul. Took a bit of finicking to get the tuning, intonation, and action right, but it works like a dream.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-eDX_uaAq3bM/UoQ8rUC8AbI/AAAAAAAAABE/egNcY6DfQYk/s720/LesPaul%2520%252B%2520Stetsbar.jpg

congrats!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Sweet! nice looking LP I did install a graphite nut and picked up some graphite guitar grease for the saddles and replaced the tuners with Sperzels tuners its a tough choice which to play the strat or the Douglass each has a distinct sound smile

Russell_Harding wrote:

Sweet! nice looking LP I did install a graphite nut and picked up some graphite guitar grease for the saddles and replaced the tuners with Sperzels tuners its a tough choice which to play the strat or the Douglass each has a distinct sound smile

Thats what layered guitars are for LOLOL, but you know that wink

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Nice!

I am of the opinion that there is nothing that isn't improved with a Bigsby.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Thanks for the kind comments;

After playing with this for about a week now, I have to say how impressed I am with this thing's ability to stay in tune. I honestly didn't think this would be possible with any trem system, but they've nailed it. It was a piece of cake to install, and has been working flawlessly.

For any fellow-Canadians looking to order one, the only place I found in Canada selling them online is www.lamusic.ca. What's also cool is that they don't charge freight if the order is over $199, and they also carry or can order all the finishes it comes in.