Topic: Look out, Chordians - Norm has itchy feet! Canada?

It's OK, it's not a medical condition...
Sooo, it turns out that I have the spare time (and cash) to do 2 or 3 weeks travelling from mid-September onwards. Yes, I AM a lucky so-and-so! I have never been to Canada and have a couple of friends there that I could possibly visit (yes, I know it's a huge place!), but if any of the Canada-dwelling Chordians could possibly put up with a couchsurfing Brit for a few days here and there, that would be brilliant! I feel somewhat awkward asking you all, but hey, if you don't ask...
Having previously attended "Chordiestock" events in Virginia and Florida, I'm sure that Zurf, Topdown and possibly some others (?) could confirm that I'm a good house guest and none too rowdy! I'm happy to help out with household work or projects too, if I can be of any use. Also a keen fisherman, if there's any of that to be had!
If Canada doesn't work out, then I'm open to offers!

Cheers!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Re: Look out, Chordians - Norm has itchy feet! Canada?

Normtheguitar is indeed a polite, generous, and helpful house guest.  I had a wonderful time visiting with him, taking him to some of my favorite spots - like fishing on the Shenandoah River and a walking tour of Harper's Ferry, WV (Harper's Ferry National Park).  So long as I didn't take him to a city, he seemed to be fine with anything we threw at him.  I don't think the Police had to visit more than three or four times that week, either. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well, I live in Canada - Windsor, Ontario, Canada's deep south. What area of Canada were you looking to visit. Windsor is a 4 hr drive to Toronto or Niagara Falls, surrounded by the Great Lakes. Lots of fishing in the area, and I have a 14 foot fishing boat.
Shoot me an email with your dates, etc.
Randy

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Mid-September... Isn't that when the fish are running at the Salmon River about 30 minute drive from my home?  Hmmm... I don't do that type of fishing though, so you'd have to get Zurf to meet up with you here, but there certainly are couches to be had!  Jim hasn't gone Salmon fishing in a while, he'd probably LOVE it too!  wink wink  We're not in Canada, but we aren't toooooo far of a drive from the Niagara Falls boarder.  About 3 hours in fact from the Falls, if Grand Island isn't too backed up.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I hope you have the best time of your life.  Enjoy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thanks for that endorsement, Zurf!
Thanks for the offers, Randy and Amy - I will try to make some firm plans and get back to you...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic

Don't burn up all your vacation time Norm! Chodiestock 2014 is just around the corner and I hope you can make it back!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Good point, Jeff!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Norman ST68 acoustic