Topic: My newest lady

I just purchased this new guitar total cost with shipping was $157.21 it has humbucking pickups and it looks really nice total weight is 8lbs
its a Les paul Standard copy smile
http://www.rondomusic.com/shadowcsb.html

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: My newest lady

You gonna give us a sample of how she plays? Pretty please?

J  E  T  S
...and yet a Washington Commanders fan (unless they change their name again) ...long story...HTT...C

Absolutely as soon as it arrives those are some hot pickups cant wait to hear them growl and squeal smile 

jets60 wrote:

You gonna give us a sample of how she plays? Pretty please?

Happy soon to be NGD!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

She is beautiful. Happy NGD.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

looks sweet, got enough hangers?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thank you Amy it wont get to me till the 22nd and I'm chomping at the bit lol 

mekidsmom wrote:

Happy soon to be NGD!  smile

As pretty as a young lass in the meadow smile

bluejeep wrote:

She is beautiful. Happy NGD.

Thanks Phill and no I have to order a few more smile

Phill Williams wrote:

looks sweet, got enough hangers?

Well if the stock buckers are not to your likeing, GFS has great ones. I put the crunchy pat rails in the V, Now its a hot guitar!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Its only two more days russ and it will be here,almost like christmas in August!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I will check into that thanks and I don't think I will have any dislikes I'm cranking through a 100 W amp with 2 12's and just for good measure I have a ME-50 running stereo into a smaller amp it sounds awesome smile

beamer wrote:

Well if the stock buckers are not to your likeing, GFS has great ones. I put the crunchy pat rails in the V, Now its a hot guitar!

yeah dino and I get to open my present early but one thing more I am talking to my loan officer later this week I am still going to get the Les Paul Standard I have great credit and I think I can swing a loan I've never been turned down yet smile

dino48 wrote:

Its only two more days russ and it will be here,almost like christmas in August!

14 (edited by beamer 2013-08-21 04:38:14)

Russell_Harding wrote:

I will check into that thanks and I don't think I will have any dislikes I'm cranking through a 100 W amp with 2 12's and just for good measure I have a ME-50 running stereo into a smaller amp it sounds awesome smile

beamer wrote:

They also look very cool big_smile  http://store.guitarfetish.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/thumbs/gfsporacrpok3.jpg&maxx=225&maxy=0

http://www.guitarfetish.com/thumbnail.asp?file=assets/images/products/bysku/h37_thumbnail.jpg&maxx=225&maxy=175

And for 35 +/- you cant beat the upgrade. big_smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

did she arrive yet russ?

Phill I checked on the ups site and it said a 1st attempt was made which is nonsense I was home all day and there was no note on the door letting me know they were there so im on the phone with there office as I type(on hold) keep ya informed smile

if i had a dollar.........

Its here!!They made a special trip  due to there error try as I might I cannot tell the difference between this Douglas Shadow CSB and a Les Paul Standard the weight and feel,tone volume workmanship is excellent I did lower the action a tad but all the harmonics are dead on as far as I can see the only difference is the name Gibson is missing but that aint worth $2300.00 extra dollars to me I saw another guitar on Rondo I want too LOL smile

this is there Agile model love the lines and color scheme I am going to get this one too
http://www.rondomusic.com/product2564.html

that's nice too russ. looks a little like a rickenbacker. i like the colouring, glad the pick-ups are not white though. you must have quite a collection now?

Glad too hear you got it russ,the other one is really a sweet looking guitar!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

What I don't understand is the guitar they sent me has the cream trim around the top and the one in the photo doesn't and it weighs more then 8 lbs still its gorgeous and after I lowered the action it plays smooth intonation is excellent I spent over an hour jamming through my ME-50 getting acquainted with the tone settings the pickups are defiantly more active and responsive then my strat very big sound happy me smile

Phill Williams wrote:

that's nice too russ. looks a little like a rickenbacker. i like the colouring, glad the pick-ups are not white though. you must have quite a collection now?

working on it Phill after I get the other one I will contact the bank and see about financing the Gibson Les Paul standard I still want this gonna need some more hangers lol

Russell_Harding wrote:

the pickups are defiantly more active and responsive then my strat very big sound happy me smile

big_smile That would be due to the humbuckers \m/ big_smile  Is this the first non single coil guitar for you Russ?  I figured you had have them with all your backround.

Oh and where is the pictures? would like to see a real world picture or it didnt happen LOLOL

beamer wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

the pickups are defiantly more active and responsive then my strat very big sound happy me smile

big_smile That would be due to the humbuckers \m/ big_smile  Is this the first non single coil guitar for you Russ?  I figured you had have them with all your backround.

Oh and where is the pictures? would like to see a real world picture or it didnt happen LOLOL

Beamer I used to have a Gibson Les Paul dose that count? and yes I will be taking some photos today and upload them to google so I can post them here on Chordie smile

Here are some photos I took this morning if you click on the first photo you can see a slide show smile
https://plus.google.com/photos/11243624 … 2912715553