Topic: Daylight Savings

For those of us affected . Did you remember to turn your clocks back 1 hour. I forgot last night so I didn't get the extra hours sleep I could have .

Joe

Re: Daylight Savings

I remembered but it still screwed my head up.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I set the clocks back ahead of time. On the plus side. Me Tv showed Get Smart for 2 hours straight to compensate for the extra hour.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

bensonp wrote:

I remembered but it still screwed my head up.

Pete that happened too me too.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have a body part named after a farm yard animal that whoever came up with the concept of daylight savings would be welcome to come and kiss.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-11-04 11:29:43)

According to various on-line sources, Daylight Savings Time (DST) was originally proposed by Benjamin Franklin in 1784, and was then re-proposed by an entymologist from New Zealand (George Vernon Hudson) in 1895. It was subsequently introduced in England by a builder (William Willett) in 1905, introduced to the House of Commons in 1908, and was made law in 1916. Here in Canada, we really get messed up because all of our provinces follow DST with the exception of Saskachewan. They stay on standard time year round.

I know ... who cares, right? (LOL)

I re set everything right I thought and my coffee maker made a fool of me it came on last night at 7:30pm. O'well

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Its no longer needed: Nations of th world unite and get rid of it. It'll only work if we all do it though

It's confusing to say the least !

Joe

dino48 wrote:

I re set everything right I thought and my coffee maker made a fool of me it came on last night at 7:30pm. O'well

Mrs TwangTown is my coffeemaker and isnt reliant on a timer to make me a coffee  HAHA

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Here we are nearly a week in and my body still feels out of sync
I agree, don't need it, don't want it so get rid of it

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Zurf wrote:

I have a body part named after a farm yard animal that whoever came up with the concept of daylight savings would be welcome to come and kiss.

Sounds like the first cousin to a Donkey!

I'm with you guys

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

The kids and I now get up an "hour early" due to the daylight savings time.  Oh well... when we spring ahead next year we'll all be sleeping in an hour later.  Sigh...

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.