Topic: Laser Vision Correction

I am considering getting laser vision correction and would appreciate hearing any information, whether for or against, of any experiences you or someone close to you has had. 

I am blessed to live in an area with a tremendous amount of good medical providers.  I have made assessment appointments with the two highest rated. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Laser Vision Correction

I myself have not had it. But anyone I have ever talked to about it says it is one of the best things they have ever done. Not one has said they weren't glad they did it. I was just talking to a customer of mine about it yesterday. At present he still needs reading glasses. He had it done 10 or 11 years ago and says he wants to go back because of the advances that have been made in that field.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally know 3 people who have had it done and they are all happy with it. It takes some time after it is done too adjust. I would do it if I had the money.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have a friend who had this procedure performed and he said it was the best thing that was several years ago now a days this is a quite common operation I wish I had the medical coverage to do it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I have several friends that have had it done and all are pleased with the results.  The only negative I've heard was from one of my close friends that does a lot of electronics work.  Before the operation he could take off his glasses and see  "up close" work very clearly.  After the surgery he had great distance vision but needed glasses for reading and work on circuit boards.  He said it was frustrating and took nearly a year for him to be comfortable with the change.

I'm currently in a race between my insurance and vision problems.  I've developed cataracts and the surgery will be completely covered by my current insurance when my vision problems reach a certain level.  In 15 months my insurance will be dropped and I'll have to go on medicare and per my optometrist I'll then have a lot of out-of-pocket expenses.  I was told last week I also need another shoulder surgery plus my right knee needs replaced as the joint is now bone-on-bone.  All this medical crap is really putting a damper on some of my planned raft trips out west.  Getting older really sucks sometimes. 

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

My wife had this surgery about 4 years ago. She had been near-sighted all her life, and can now drive, ride horses, kayak, etc. without glasses ... she couldn't be happier with the results. She does require lo-strength reading glasses like I do (we're in our mid-50's) but she certainly wishes she had done it years ago. After the surgery, there was a fairly rigorous regime of eye drops for a few months to make sure everything healed properly, and that alone can make or break the overall success of the surgery.

I had Lasic eye Surgery about 15 years ago and had mediocre results. I was nearsighted and my eyes were 20/200 & 20/250. After surgery my eyes were about 20/50  I wasn't happy with that so I have worn glasses every since. I could have had them touched up with another surgery with no cost but I elected not to. The surgery was no problem but the healing process to me was uncomfortable, and I didn't want to go through it again. Some of the down sides are your night vision is going to be affected , seems every one is a little different. If you don't need bifocals now you probably will after the operation.
     The plus side is I am not restricted to have glasses to drive and it is nice to be able to see better without glasses while watching TV . Would I do it again,  probably and hopefully the technology has improved in the procedure and results. My eyes have changed very little since the procedure.

Later, Wayne P