Topic: G.A.S. Attack for a New Amp

As much as I enjoy my little VOX amplifier, it doesn't have the growl & depth of a full-tube amp, even though it has a 12AX7 in the signal path. My dream would be a Fender Twin, but that's not going to happen. Has anyone had any experience with BUGERA amps?  We don't have a dealership in Nova Scotia that carries them, so I can't try one out. Here the one under consideration:

http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/ … INIUM.aspx

The online ratings seem favorable, but it would best to hear from someone who owns one.

Thanks in advance!

Re: G.A.S. Attack for a New Amp

Are you allowed to try it out in the store? Try it out and make your own judgement. If ti sounds good to you, then it is a good amp.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

3 (edited by beamer 2013-11-28 01:04:08)

As far as the name goes, they are Bheringers butiqe amps.  I have the  V5  amp. its all tube.  on its own the drive is classic warm OD, put a tube screamer or another Dist in the front and you can drive the tubes all to hell an back.  good build quality, no complaints.

If your going for that combo monster : I say GO FOR IT! You got 3 channels to set up,Come w/ footswitch, and loads of features.

You wont find a better deal than this amp with 3 channels.  Wish I could get one!

Two things to watch for are the footswitch, I had issues with my Bheringer 1X12 60 watt amp, the channel selector didint work and i would have had to send the whole package back to Musicians Friend. i just kept it to turn  on and off effects)
and input jack.  on my Bugera, I have had now problems as it seems pretty stout, on my Bheringer it was thin plastic and cracked.  I was able to glue it back together and get it useable, and I try to just keep a patch cord in it all teh time so im not shaking it about. I just use it as a line in an always have some sort of stopm betweent the guitar and amp.
As I noted, have had no problems with the V5.

have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFY5_RWD8w

This bad boy right here is what I want! from crystal clean to my metal hungry heart!
http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/ … INIUM.aspx
Hope this helps.

Beamer

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

If you are reading today. Check out Musicians Friend`s Stupid Deal Of The Day. A Fender Head and 4 x 12 cabinet for 299.99. I don`t know anything else about it. It may interest you. I also don`t know if they ship up there. Can`t hurt to look

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

5 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-11-28 23:26:40)

Beamer ...

That's a first-rate demo video of this amp ... thanks for posting! Clean or dirty, this thing has more voice and resonance than my VOX does, for sure. And at around $700 CDN it appears to be excellent value. I would like a Fender '65 Twin, but they're in the $1100 range and could well spark marital discord (LOL). I was wondering about things like build quality, and thank you for addressing.

Great info, Beamer ... thanks again!

6 (edited by beamer 2013-11-30 11:37:07)

Glad I could help!!

Did you happen to check out the Tri Rec vid? oooo man would that be a way to piss off the wife and anyone else! that an a 4X12 yum! but man you are gonna love that amp. is there a dealer near you for one? I think customer service wise that is your best bet.
When I was in Cuba I didn't want to mess with sending my whole unit back just due to the channel switch. other than the two things I mentioned the 60 watt is still rocking, though I don't use it much since getting the V5.  The V5 has been a solid piece of gear.  Ill post a Picture of how I have stuff set up later when I get home.
  Remember tubes watts put out more than S/S watts.  I keep mine dialed down to .1 amp when ppl are home lolol. That way I can still scorch the gain with out killing everyone.

here is what my stuff looks like. should have used flash for this.
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1455875_10202842511563125_1530983480_n.jpg
and a whole wall shot
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1441386_10202842510603101_2041545818_n.jpg

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2013-11-30 12:13:49)

Great looking arsenal, Beamer!

I especially like the SG. I was at a Uriah Heep concert in Toronto in 1975, and the SG was Mick Box's "go to" axe during the concert. A highlight was his extended solo during "The Magician's Birthday", coupling his SG with an old Cry Baby wah through a Marshall stack. Some things like this a person never forgets. Your short-scale "V" is also very cool ... never saw one before.

We do have a dealer in the area who can order the Bugera in (Long & McQuade's) so that's probably how it'll happen. Time to start saving up for it!