Topic: jeff beck

there was a concert on sky arts1 (UK) the other day with jeff beck and his group with guests. i couldn't watch it all but what i saw almost made me give-up playing all together. he's obviously developed his own style over the years since "hi ho silver lining" but soooo amazing!! and not just him his drummer was phenomenal, if i could have found a drummer like that i'd have never gone solo! the bass played was a young lady, and i mean young early 20's maybe? she had a solid rhythmic style and even threw in some solo's, amazing. i think she may have been his daughter but i may be over guessing there. the keyboardist was also great...what a band. i'd be afraid to play with them in the audience.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

2 (edited by beamer 2013-12-02 23:42:19)

Re: jeff beck

The bass player is Tal Wilkenfield.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/F … becks.aspx

and here is a full show at Ronnie Scotts.  Since you missed the other one big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIwSt2R54Xs

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I love love love love love Tal.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Me too not only is she hot but can really play well Beck is my favorite guitarist a real stylist with amazing chops smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Phill Williams wrote:

there was a concert on sky arts1 (UK) the other day with jeff beck and his group with guests. i couldn't watch it all but what i saw almost made me give-up playing all together. he's obviously developed his own style over the years since "hi ho silver lining" but soooo amazing!! and not just him his drummer was phenomenal, if i could have found a drummer like that i'd have never gone solo! the bass played was a young lady, and i mean young early 20's maybe? she had a solid rhythmic style and even threw in some solo's, amazing. i think she may have been his daughter but i may be over guessing there. the keyboardist was also great...what a band. i'd be afraid to play with them in the audience.

That was a great performance by everyone in the band I have seen it a few times but I would not be afraid to play if they or anyone was in the audience that's the time to show off lol

Baldguitardude wrote:

Yep. She's played with lots of folks and has showed her versatility, but it's when she's setting a groove and playing 'in the box' that she really shines. She's an astoundingly skilled musician.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

ooh, i was beginning to think i was the only one to appreciate the talent in that band.

russ, i have discovered over the years that showing off just leads to me making a right mammary gland of myself, so i try to avoid it.

funnily enough, i played an afternoon show on Tuesday and got told i was a fab country singer, amazing as i don't even like listening to C/W. aint life funny?

Well, you live in a country don't you Phill?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

i actually live in what might be described AS THE country, with cows and sheep and stuff, mainly the stuff that comes out the wrong end.....

there was another prog on with Glen Campbel, he can still do it and he's quite an age now and i believe he is suffering with altzhiemers? i only saw the part where he plays Wichita Lineman, blistering solo, completely different to Jeff Beck but still brill...

Glen Campbell played with the Champs the group that recorded "tequila" before that he was a session musician for recording companies in Nashville Tennessee

also played with the beach boys, bass i think

Phill Williams wrote:

there was another prog on with Glen Campbel, he can still do it and he's quite an age now and i believe he is suffering with altzhiemers? i only saw the part where he plays Wichita Lineman, blistering solo, completely different to Jeff Beck but still brill...

Hi Phill I saw that programe on BBC Channel4 very interesting. Didn't really know much about Glen Campbell and was surprised to learn what a great guitar player he is as well as a talented singer. The poor guy does have early onset altzhiemers and his memory is starting to fail. He's continuing to perform with surport of his wife and it was inspirational in the way he was coping with his illness.

it's just amazing with all the (really) talented and inspirational musicians that are out there; Beck, Campbell etc, jokes like Lady Ga Ga and all those "boy bands" and "girl bands" and all the rest of the cretinous (so called) music out there (rap) what is all the fuss about?
be honest, all the really talented ones display longevity and can still hold a tune and as in the case of McCartney still write a damn good song, people are still singing his songs 50 years on. i cant see anyone singing "slim shady" in the next decade. not a karaoke favourite i think.