Topic: "Chordie's Chat Corner" Now Open For Business!

Here is a place for "backstage gossip & general mayhem" a place to discuss topics not covered in the other forum sections.  Non-registered users of chordie can also participate in this new forum section.

If there is something on your mind but it just doesn't seem to fit into another part of the forum - this is the place for such a conversation. . . .

Many thanks to guitardocphil for his lobbying for new forum section for general chitchat and ravings!

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

2 (edited by badeye 2007-06-07 00:00:06)

Re: "Chordie's Chat Corner" Now Open For Business!

Hows it going everybody, The request lines are now open.
LOL  Great Forum.

Badeye.

one caper after another

Well Brad it seems that half of our posts would have been here. lol

As for requests....how about a Stanly Cup in Canada.
Mike

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

4 (edited by owen4774 2007-06-07 03:11:47)

to mhebert, will trade stanley cup for RUSH. I think it's a fair offer! But if not I'd be willing to consider throwing in a octopus to sweeten the deal. Cool?

Thats right Mike. The cup goes deep south again. We want it in Montreal next year. Oh Ya. I'll be talkin at ya.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi Badeye,
Hows the form today? 
Good day here to be out in the sunshine
, heading out soon to the garden centre?
Have a good one!
Old Doll

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Good Morning Old Doll. It's early Thursday morn here 6 am, Up for another work day.Raining here but is suppose to clear up. Beatles weekend upon us . Should be a blast.

Have a great day in your garden.... Badeye.

one caper after another

owen4774 wrote:

to mhebert, will trade stanley cup for RUSH. I think it's a fair offer! But if not I'd be willing to consider throwing in a octopus to sweeten the deal. Cool?

You could get together with Old Doll and have an Octopus' Garden!
Just for Badeyes' weekend of course.

Sorry but we keep Rush.....national treasure.

Well i do have a large water feature in the garden! " Hmmm, now where can i get an octopus at this time of day? for Badeye"!  {" any one got the number for marine world"?}

No Joy, i will just have to blast out some beatles music!
Now Bottles are a plenty,{empty Ones} So Roger Guppy has his own Monument already in my Garden!  Well done Mó Cára, thats a first!
Why? because your worth it!  You old honey dipper! "Hope your having a good one"!.
Old Doll.

Ps Badeye, i will want to hear everything about your w/e through Chats Corner. So write down everything! In case you get senior moments like myself? {Hehe.}

Well, mhebert, I had to try, but understand completely! As for the octopus' garden, great song, but even if they came from a garden they still  wouldn't taste any good. Everyone have a great weekend and thaks for the reply!

Well Old Doll,

I am overjoyed to have a monument in your back garden. I am just disappointed that it was not I who emptied the bottles to make it.

Slán Mó Cára

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Yes, we can't give up RUSH they have the "Order Of Canada"
We will trade some lobster though. Or Smoked Meat,and songs of course.

Would love to see your garden Old Doll. I bet it looks great.

Have a good one....Badeye.

one caper after another

13 (edited by bootleger 2007-06-08 02:28:14)

badeye wrote:

Yes, we can't give up RUSH they have the "Order Of Canada"
We will trade some lobster though. Or Smoked Meat,and songs of course.

Would love to see your garden Old Doll. I bet it looks great.

Have a good one....Badeye.

Only one problem Canadian folks. The Ducks in my back yard of Southern California have Lord Stanley's Cup and we don't want Rush:lol:

Bootlegger.
By the way not a ducks fan just wanted to kick sand:)

14 (edited by badeye 2007-06-08 08:57:59)

Thats cool Bootlegger , most of  the Ducks players are Canadian. You know we make the best hockey players. All good fun tho. Enjoy the great Stanley Cup and I know our Canadian teams will try really hard to get it back next year.

Have a great day....Badeye.

one caper after another

good to see a section like this, hopefully a lot of gumff will stop happening on the main forum and other sections of the site,

hanx

Ken

ye get some that are cut out for the job and others just get by from pretending

Gumff   definition,

Sound made by older curmudgeon when apraising most anything. Examples Oscar Wilde, William F. Buckley, Friedrich Nietzsche, W.C. Fields, Gore Vidal, Upyerkilt.

Aslo a sound made by guitarists of all ages when they break a string or inadvertantly bump their guitar. This usually happens after partaking in a liquid diet of hopps or rye.

Have a great weekend folks!

Mike,

The unofficial king of Scotland is allowed by haggis law to make up his own words if he wants. lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Bows to the King......

I love made up words. Like when certain pictures of Brittany Spears came out. It's called PUBISCITY  lol

What a Rush it would be to hold Lords Stanley's Cup over your head. Take care of the cup and I'm sure our Canadian teams will try real hard to get it back next year.

Take Care ...Badeye.

PS<  Has anyone ever played ROAD HOCKEY as a kid? I did.

Well Mó Anam Cára Roger,

You would be more then welcome! Just as long as your Guitar came along also!
"Now that could be a night for The Hayseed Dixies?".
We would have to find a new name for the next Monument?
How about " Badeye's Cape Breton ?".As he is a friend of yours!.
Slán
Old Doll.

Hi Badeye,
We used to play a game called " Rounders" don't know whether thats the same thing?
But it was fun anyway!.
I WAS AT A FEW  AMERICAN GAMES, BUT THE BEST ONE WAS THE 2ND LAST NIGHT OF A HOLIDAY, IN CAPE COD.    MY NEPHEW WAS PLAYING SOCCOR WITH  "CAPE CRUSADERS"! AND I WON 600 DOLLARS ON A RAFFLE.   "AH YES A GOOD NIGHT WAS HAD BY ALL"..
PS. MY FAVOURITE GAME OF ALL IS  " HURLING" A GOOD OLD ANCIENT IRISH GAME.
SL� N
OLD DOLL.

There will have to be some water as I am an Island.LOL maybee a good Malt surrounding things.that'll work .

hope your garden grows,..... Badeye.

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

Thats cool Bootlegger , most of  the Ducks players are Canadian. You know we make the best hockey players. All good fun tho. Enjoy the great Stanley Cup and I know our Canadian teams will try really hard to get it back next year.

Have a great day....Badeye.

Their all canuck skaters because it don't freeze here. We surf on our water. It's 6:55 PM 6-8-07 and 84 degrees farenheit.

Bootlegger.

Hurling?
I've been known to do a bit of hurling in my day, but it usually well *after* the game....and a few too many celebratory "wobblies".
As for Lord Stanley's Hallowed Mug..if the Leafs couldn't win it, and we all knew they couldn't, then I fall into the "Anybody But Ottawa" segment and would rather see it with the Ducks in Anaheim than with the Turkey's in Ottawa.
Tunedeaf
"What? Bitter?.......me?!?!"

Good morning Lena, Up early again today as the early bird gets the worrm. Thank you for your kind poem. Looks like we will have a nice day today here in the Maritimes. Hopefully satutday will be nice and we can get the guitars around the outdoor fire and let it flow. I'll change my strings tonite for a crisp sound on weekend. Well got to go to work so have a great day.

....Badeye.

one caper after another