Topic: Deep Freeze

About minus 15 degrees and windchill of 35 below. Just a beautiful day in Pennsylvania. Just wondering how other Chordians are holding up with the Arctic vortex cooling things down.Stay warm and bring in those brass monkeys.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: Deep Freeze

Good morning to ya bswyers. We were at minus 2 here on the mountain last night. I certainly dont miss that Pennsylvania cold. I lived in York County, Pa. for most of my life. The cold dont seem to last as long here in Virginia.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

We've got the same weather here... PA and CNY all under the same warnings.  North of here is supposed to end up with about 5 feet of snow by Wednesday night.  Luckily I'm not getting that, but every school in CNY is closed today because of the wind chill factor.  I had to rescue my garbage cans this morning.  One was across the road with the wind blowing so hard this morning.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

It has been below zero for the last 3 days its -15 as I type the wind chill is -35 and will stay that way till Thursday when it warms up to a toasty 15 degrees I am right on the lake about 4 blocks away it is colder in some spots on Earth then it is on Mars smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Low o 32 and high today 57 here in southern Utah

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

We had no temperature when I woke up this morning.  My thermometer said zero, which I suppose is a null set.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

6F in Atlanta this morning. Cold for this part of the country.

Found and repaired a broken water line. The rest of the day will consist of guitars and movies with a sprinkling of adult beverages.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

12 degrees here this morning. Walked outside to check out everything out. As I was standing under one of our pecan trees I got cold and had to put my nuts in my pocket.

nela

Minus 21 celcius here in Nova Scotia, lots of snow,   brrrrr....

badeye  cool

one caper after another

And I thought it was chilly here today at 17 Celsius, I would want to go and hibernate if it was that cold. I really feel for you guys and hope it soon picks up.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

That kind of temp will freeze your nuts right off the tree Nela

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

With the -35 wind chill it took 4 trips inside to warm and change gloves to get 18" of snow off the drive. Hoping lake effect don't kick in.

Man i consider myself lucky, 35 degrees here in washingtion state. played some guitar, hit a few golf balls on the course and now relaxing.

Guess I am lucky also our low is 37 and daytime temps too 65 degrees.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

Guess I am lucky also our low is 37 and daytime temps too 65 degrees.

My husband asked me why I was spending so much time looking at my trip information for LA when it's still nearly a month away.  THIS is exactly the reason why.  I'd rather be in 65 temps than 0 right now!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Chilly in Florida today and tonight - but it will be short lived. Back to 80 this weekend big_smile

http://content.foxtvmedia.com/wtvt/maps/WTVT/custom/wxpages/7day.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Pretty much everyone hates you right now Topdown.  Don't worry.  It won't last.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

^ Hey! It was cold here today! I had to wear long sleeves and a jacket! And I've been in sweat pants (no shorts) for 2 nights in a row! BRRRRRRR!

:-)

Now thats cold topdown!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I love Topdown. He knows how to keep warm. Looks like it was 67 here today. A little on the cool side for me but nothing that I can't deal with. You guys on the right coast and in the middle are just insane!! I could never live where it gets that cold. I'm just not built for it. Shoveling snow, frozen pipes, roofs collapsing, ice on the roads, no thanks. We only have earthquakes and that is just fine with me.

Hope everyone stays warm and get thru all this stuff.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like topdown is in the hotseat of the country right now,I like snow but only a short visit to fool around in it for awile.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I was raised in upstate NY - the Catskills. We had snow on the ground from November through March - heck I remember snow on Mothers day. I loved winter sports, skiing, sledding, played hockey since I can remember. That said, I shoveled enough driveways and scraped enough windshields to last a lifetime. I like to see a pretty snowfall - as long as it doesn't stick to the roads and is melted away by nightfall.

I feel sympathy for those seeing negative temps - been there done that. But really, being in the 30's here is almost the same. Not used to it and I don't even own a winter jacket! We usually have 1 or 2 cold blasts like this each year - thankfully they don't last long!

Come on down to chordiestock!!

Zero here in Massachusetts right now. I got to work in and out of the truck in the balmy 10 degree weather today. Sill haven't worn a jacket to work yet. A hoodie and down vest suffice.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.