Topic: Songs added to Chordie

I registered today and really love this site.  I have a question about songs that have been added.  Some of the songs that I have been looking up are just part of the song or really way off.   I also notice a lot of rude comments to someone who might have submitted a song,  comments like ***, What were you thinking, something like that.  Anyway just curious about the editors and how they monitor songs and comments.  It isn't a big deal to me and  I will always find a song I want.  Just a little feedback and I am really happy with the site.

** Edited by Moderator to remove offensive  abbreviation **

Re: Songs added to Chordie

We do not allow any form of bad language on the  Chordie forum, not even abbreviated or letters replaced with asterisks, so I have edited your post.

Chordie is a search engine and finds the songs that are hosted on other sites. The only songs actually on Chordie are the original songs in the Songwriting section which are posted by the copyright holder. What other sites allow is out of our hands but we have many female and youngster visitors and members and we are very strict on policing to keep the forum a friendly and welcoming place to visit for everyone.

It is possible for a Chordie Member to add a comment to a song so, if you or anyone else finds, anything offensive added by  Chordie Member, then please report it, and we will take the appropriate action.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Songs added to Chordie

OK.  Thanks for editing my post, I guess.  I think I remember the songs I am referring to.  I was wondering about the content.  Not offended,  just wondering.  Lucky the songs I like young children have no interest in, yet.