Topic: God came to gather a jewel.

After battling cancer some 14 months, my wife went to be with The Lord and Savior on Feb. 7/14.
The rest of us are doing fine. Just wanted the "Chordie" family to know. Al

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Re: God came to gather a jewel.

So sorry to hear about your loss. My deepest sympathy and prayers for your family.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Condolences to you and you family.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Oh man. That sucks. I'm sorry you've been given this to go through.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  I am sure this is a very difficult time for you and your family, and our thoughts go out to all of you.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Deadstring, let me know if there's anything I can do for you. You and your's are in our thoughts and prayers.

Nela

Condolences to you and your  family

Sorry buddy. Condolences to you and your loved ones.

May God be with you and yours. Cancer is not fair to anyone and I hope all will soon be well for the whole family.

Life is just not fair, cancer is awful. Sorry Deadstring.

Later, Wayne P

So sorry for your loss of your dear wife Deadstring, our prayers and thoughts are with you.

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Deadstring, you will get through this and go on because you have too. So sorry for your loss.
                                                                                                                                     b

Cancer sucks - my thoughts are with you deadstring.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Deadstring ... so very sad to hear of your loss.

However, judging by your comment you're taking comfort in your assurance of your wife's being ushered into the Lord's Presence, and I hope you won't think these two quotes from the Bible to be inappropriate:

"... that ye sorrow not , even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-14)

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." (2 Corinthians 5:8)

No doubt she will be sorely missed by yourself and your family ... until you are one day reunited.

(NOTE: apologies to any who hold to other beliefs)

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Nothing bothers me more than hearing about anyone getting cancer. I wouldn`t wish it on my worst enemy. You have my deepest condolences from the bottom of my heart.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

My condolences too you and your family.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Praying for you Deadstring. At least we know that now she is in the best health, no worries, no pain. Awesome times for her in heaven. Keep the faith brother.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear of your loss. prayers sent...

Badeye..

one caper after another

Thank you all for the kind thoughts and prayers. She made it as easy as possible on the family. She had everything planned including the music,her outfit,pallbearers and such. Even the color of the casket. I just pray for a cure of this terrible disease.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

My mother-in-law went slowly and had time to prepare her spirit.  Our pastor was young when she went.  It was his first church out of seminary and ordination, and he had not had to deal with a matter-of-fact woman telling him what the topic of his message was going to be at her memorial service.  It rather freaked him out, but it made things much easier on the family.  When she went, she was ready.  In fact, to this day I consider it a modern-day miracle.  She had been slipping slowly away mentally from pain meds.  Just as the family had to make the hard decision of whether or not to discontinue medical intervention, she woke up completely in sound and clear mind and made the decision for herself.  Given the medicines she was on, and what she was suffering from, that shouldn't have been possible. 

Though the pain is fresh, it will be a salve for your spirit in years to come that she was able to deal with those issues.  It was a great gift that she gave to you.  She seems like a wonderful woman.  God bless you Deadstring.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I am very sorry to hear this.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I feel for you. It must be the worst thing loosing your life partner.
I'm having a really bad year Lost my mother in August then two weeks ago lost my father. Now this week I lost my dog. All these deaths hurt and burn but I still have my wife to support me. We have been together for 33 years. I hope you have strength to go on, I dont do religion or prayers but my love for all my fellow men goes out to you.
Paul

Avalon A12C Custom 2006
Gurian JBH 1981
Gibson J45 Banner Re-issue 1996
Martin D16GT 2006

Condolences to you and your family...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Sorry for your losses also hardydog.  But on a light note, there is a country song waiting to be born there.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.