Topic: Chordian gathering - Crete?!

Probably of more interest to the European clan of Chordie, but all welcome! If you look at the "Gig Photos" post by Grah1, you may notice that I shamelessly punt the idea of a "Chordiestock Crete". Seems like this may be a possibility! I'm not sure we could get enough of us together at one time to make a big "event" of it, but who knows?
What do we think?!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Re: Chordian gathering - Crete?!

Workshy  at the minute because of finger. But if dates and cost ok I would love to.

the chordie geordie

Well  at  this  moment I m just  getting  ready  to  go  to  the  airport so  after  Ive  had  my  meeting  with  the proposed  venue  we  will  have  some  details  to  share .The  venue  Lassion golden bay is  a  great  place  where  we  often play    during  the  summer ,the  pool  area  we  use for  concerts is a  natural  amphitheatre with  great acoustics .
The  complex is great  and  has its  own tavern  which hosts  traditional greek  music.
In Sitia we  have  2  very good  guitar  teachers plus a number  of  multi  instrumentalists   who  can be  drafted in  to  give  workshops ,lessons  etc .So  I  think  we  can offer a really  special experience  to  any  one  who  takes  part .

It would be very cool to go to Crete, although I have no clue how I could financially swing it.  I'll keep my eyes on this thread though, and dream.  You know, my great grandfather was from somewhere in Greece.  I heard if I ever went there, stopped into the embassy, told them this, I would be welcomed with open arms, immediate citizenship, and people would throw money at me welcoming me "home".  I'd kind of like to do that, just to see if the guy telling me this was joking or not.  wink  Plus, I'd like to experience some REALLY authentic Greek food.  smile  Closest I've ever gotten to it was this diner that my mom used to work at when I was a kid.  The Yiayia (grandma) and Pappou (grandpa), who were the owners parents, didn't speak a lick of English and Yiayia was always shoving food in my face and fawning over me when I'd go in there.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sounds like Greece Amy.

the chordie geordie

Sounds wonderful, would love to be there in Crete. But down in in NZ on the bum of the world we are a wee bit far away! Maybe we should get one going for Australia and NZ?

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

Why not, TT? I'd love to see Nz, but may have to wait for the invention of teleportation - can't imagine spending 24 hours on a plane! I'd arrive more dead than alive...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

normtheguitar wrote:

can't imagine spending 24 hours on a plane! I'd arrive more dead than alive...

You're right there Norm. I have flown NZ to UK back in 2004 and it was 34 hours including stopovers and hanging around airports. I won't do it again, too hard on the old body, and too expensive!

I know of two other chordians in NZ (Easybeat and rotoiti, who appear in the forum now and then), and Bushy in Oz, we almost have a crowd!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

I would go to NZ for a Chordiefest so long as there was kayaking and fly fishing involved, and if first find a big sack full of cash no one was missing.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude