Topic: What The

Just had first look of the day and all of the latest forum posts were health adverts, nothing to do with guitar at all. Where are the mods?.

the chordie geordie

Re: What The

I just switched on and banned the scumbags. They are all in Guitars and Accessories so it will need Joe or Phill to remove them.

Please put a report in (tag at bottom right of post) as soon as you see spam. I check my e-mails first and your reports automatically generate an e-mail to us. I would have come on Chordie sooner of I have not been checking correspondence from my 4 e-mail addressed.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Seems to be the trend these days.

A sport fishing forum I look at is also bombarded daily with junk like this. According to the moderators, if they put a spam blocker in place, it'll also block any posts that contain links to product sites we want to see, YouTube links, etc. I applaud the mods here at Chordie for their diligence in policing this stuff, but when some of them are posted at 3:00 AM (like this morning) then it's impossible to catch them all right at the moment.

Wasn't complaining about the mods, I know they do a great job. Just those annoying bloody ads.

the chordie geordie

gtx wrote:

Wasn't complaining about the mods, I know they do a great job. Just those annoying bloody ads.

I don't blame you we have been bombarded the last few weeks unusually high spam posts but we enjoy destroying them smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Good to know Russell.

the chordie geordie

Most of the sections have two or more Moderators so that we can have one from each side of the pond to give better coverage. It is impossible to give 24 hour coverage but we do the best we can and only a few get more than a couple of hours freedom before they are banned.

In case you don't know any Moderator can impose a ban and alter/delete a spam link in a signature, but only the Moderators of the section where the garbage is posted, can remove it.

As Russ stated there have been a lot lately, it seems to come in surges but then will quieten down for a while.

Unfortunately the brainless scumbags have not realised that they do not stay long on Chordie so they keep coming back.

Rest assured gtx we get just as annoyed with the morons tipping their rubbish on our site. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Russell_Harding wrote:
gtx wrote:

I don't blame you we have been bombarded the last few weeks unusually high spam posts but we enjoy destroying them smile

Good moderator attitude. the admin needs too keep supplying all of you with more Sour Pickles too keep it up!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman