1 (edited by TIGLJK 2014-06-21 22:44:40)

Topic: SPECIAL LOVE

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: SPECIAL LOVE

Wrote this from perspective of a young man ready to get married to the love of his life.  Hope you like it.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Very nicely done TIGLJK. I had this perspective thirty years ago. I have it still with my wife today. Great feel to this one.
Perhaps a recording soon? Would like to hear your version.
                                                                                                                                                                    Dave

hi jimmy, another cracker. simple in lyric and chording and a Bminor i see....phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Thanks Phill,   

I agree with what Dave pointed out as well - same perspective I have with my wife.  :0 )

The Bm is really hard for me to play, but ibecause it sounded right - I couldn't avoid it.

There are so many talented musicians on Chordie - and everyone is so positive --- whoever came up with this idea should be commended !  The camaraderie among the members  is amazing !

My daughter and I sang this as a duet ( well she sang and I tried to sing ) alternating lines in some of the verses. She thought  it would be a great song for  a wedding, it did sound pretty cool doing it that way,  except for my voice of course).  I wish I could sing so you could hear it .  smile lol

Hi tig
About the singing thing no ones more self conscious about their singing than me.
The fact that you sang with your daughter means your not that embarrassed lol.
I shudder to think what my daughter would say if she heard me!
Anyway I've posted some songs on Chordie over the years singing on some so
Don't let what think of your voice hold you back from recording and posting on Chordie
If your able to. I'm sure we would all like to hear it.
We tend to be our own worse critics. Lol
Ark

hi jimmy,

i notice you say that you sing it with your daughter, so when do we get to hear it?

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

arkady wrote:

Hi tig
About the singing thing no ones more self conscious about their singing than me.

I might have to debate that one smile

made a few lyric revisions -

Jim, get your daughter to help you with a little recording!! smile  BTW... I might finally have some time this weekend to play around with the one you sent to me.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I love the tune tig,I think I can put a few blues chords to it and alter it some.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Dino

if you record it - send me a copy - love to hear your version

14 (edited by dino48 2014-05-29 00:55:18)

TIGLJK wrote:

Dino

if you record it - send me a copy - love to hear your version

tig I do not sing and I do not know how too work my software too get a song here. try putting in some chords like b7,e7 a7look at some of the Eric clapton chords they would fit in here,like the ones on Crossroads. I play crossroads the way he did with Cream so you can check them,they sound better too me.I also fingerpick the song.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Simple lyrics that you put nicely together well done smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Amy,

Just watched your rendition of Delta Dawn - it was awesome !   You looked so happy singing it ! smile   Once again - your voice is spectacular.  Everybody on chordie -- go to her website and listen - it's worth it !!

tigljk  smile