Topic: music secrets

this is a small quiz to see what the answers are. I star with 2 world famous songs. If you have also a kind of question, enjoy you.
WHO WROTE FOLLOWING SONGS.
- WILD THING
- WITHOUT YOU

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: music secrets

Wild Thing-The Troggs
Without You- ??????????
cool danspr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

Hi GuitardocPhil,

The Troggs,

And Neillson?.for the 2nd song!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

I believe that 'Wild Thing' is a loose adaptation of a verse from the 'Song of Solomon' in the Old Testament.

I would also guess Neillson on 'Without You', (he certainly made it famous) but something tells me that is incorrect.

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure John Lennon 'gave' Without You to Harry Neilson.
Don't quote me on it though. smile

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

it was actually wrote by a man called pete ham and recorded firstly by a rock band called dice in the 70s way before nilsonn smile

problems are only solutions in work clothes smile

I told you that this item is SUPER to use in a Quiz.
WILD THING is best know in the performance of the TROGGS
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT the composer of this song is CHIP TAYLOR, (real name: James Wesley Voight)  more that man is the brother of the actor JON VOIGHT and is a full uncle of Angelina Jolie. I discovered this more by coincidence, searching on IMDb to find a recent movie with Angelina Jolie. I clicked on her fathers name and it seemed he has also a very artistic brother: CHIP TAYLOR. I didn't believe either that he wrote that song, after checking and checking, it is that man. I found the song on limewire and I have it on PC. As far as I could follow it was a kind of protest song about a president.
If you don't believe me, you can find the true story on Wikipedia, google ---> Chip Taylor ---> look on the wikipedia site. But, I don't exclude that there could be an old song, or traditional, rearranged by him.
The other song "without you" is indeed best know in the version of HARRY NILSSON, 1 YEAR LATER than the original song, he discovered it (maybe with help from his drinking brother John Lennon at that time, and the fact that BADFINGER was signed on their label. It is so strange that he discovered that song and for me it is one of the songs performed in a PHENOMENAL way, straight from the heart. How many couples have met each other on this song, or used it to be the first song on their wedding? Other performers are, the "hardrock (ladies) band HEART, and the well known version by MARIAH CAREY, a version I don't like a lot, because for me, this version is so STERILE & NOT STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART.
Without You" is a song originally recorded by Badfinger for their album No Dice (1970), and written by Pete Ham and Tom Evans and produced by Geoff Emerick . The song came on that album, I have the song, but it is more a "poppy tune" and to be honest, you recognise the song, but it is nothing special. Some of the lyrics are a little bit harder (though almost the same). The weird thing is that and HAM and EVANS committed both suicide. Pete HAM in 1975 and after a big dispute concerning the royalties from "without you" EVANS committed suicide as well in 1983.
I think the composers could live for the rest of their life doing nothing, just using their money from royalties from "without you". Nilsson topped the US charts 4 weeks number one) and I even don't mention Mariah Carey, who was even longer in the charts.
All this can be found on sites like Wikipedia.
Greetz

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

wow!

I'm the son of rage and love

hi all
i would have said nilsson myself but having checked up i found matt monro did it in 1965