Topic: Lost Guitar

~from the desk of dbdillon

June 1, 2014

I am looking for my "lost" guitar. It was constructed at The Juan Roberto Guitar Works in the early 70's. This is now Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery in Phoenix, AZ.

She's a six-string beauty, but was amateurishly home-built and weighs a ton. She possesses the infamous "double back" patterned after Maccaferri, but glued in with a substance not unlike concrete, so I imagine the instrument is still in one piece unless someone made the effort to remove that darned double back. She has a rosette made of snail shells in casting resin, a lovely slot-head and an oil, not lacquer finish.

Foolish youth that I was, I sold it at my garage sale when I left Arizona in '78 to move to California. It was in a blue and orange foam traveling case, handmade by my sister Lorna Van.

I would love to have her back.

Please reply to deandillon26@yahoo.com

muchos gracias, dd

Re: Lost Guitar

hi db and welcome too chordie.I wish you luck finding your old love,I had few I had too sell because of getting married and having kids so I know some of your hurt,I will keep my eyes out for yours.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Buenos Tardes,  Man you aren''t asking much are ya? LOL  Something like 35 years later, kinda one of those needle in a haystack searches. Chances of the guitar still being in the Phoenix area are pretty small.... but then again we do have a massive membership spread all over this small planet, so miracles can happen from time to time. 

If you happen to have a photo hanging around to post, someone just might recognize it.

Good Luck to you, and nice hearing from you.

Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Best wishes. Stranger things have happened.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.