Topic: A great chance meeting!

My son and I were out for a ride on my Triumph and stopped at the local bike shop,, Steve (aka Smitty) has about 5 Electric guitars and some amps in the corner.  I said howdy and Smitty says " John meet Scott, he plays also."    I could tell John was WAY over my head ability wise (hes frigging outstanding!)  so we chat and he hands over the ax, I show him some of the originals,,, AND ZURF YOU HAD TO FREAKING HEAR IT!  I played him a unpracticed version of GARAGE BEER DAYS,,, OMG he took it and it sounded like it had come from Memphis and Seattle!  I have his phone number and FB contact.

I sounded like a kid,, asking him if he would want to sit an jam with someone who was not as good as him but he just took my riff and it bloomed!  I hopw I can get to know him better and get some stuff on tape! (err well hard disk LOLOL)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: A great chance meeting!

Beamer you have a triumph!!!,Lucky guy!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Years ago when I lived in S. Carolina, I had a roomate that was a guitar wizard. I learned so much from him in seven years. 30 Years later I still can't even come close to being as good as he was then. But the late night jam sessions back then were epic. beamer,I hope that this works out for you as well. Good luck!
And triumph is a really cool bike! Especially the old ones!
                                                                                                                                                                       Dave

4 (edited by beamer 2014-07-13 07:00:16)

Well guys my Trumpet is a 2005.  I have 38,300 +/- miles on her. She has treated me right every mile I have ridden!

I just tried to post pics liek I always have, and its not showing?????

oh well

find me on FB and ill show her to ya smile

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

Wish  I  still had my Triumph  but  its  long  gone, Trident  T150v .

Wish I still had my Daytona 955 sad

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Very cool, Beamer!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I wish I still had my Triunph 650 Bonneyville circa 1968?, not real fast but cornered like nothing else and out handled all others.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I wish I could write songs, and I wish I had a Triumph motorcycle, or a Spitfire 1500 convertible in British racing green, gold pinstripes, and a camel hair top (not that I've thought about it or anything).  Cool meet up.  I hope you get to jam with him again.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Cool meetup!  It will be good for you to find someone to jam with regularly.  smile

Never ridden a bike.  Yes, the man I call husband owns a two seater.  My 9 year old is his riding buddy.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

life always has some pretty cool surprises around every corner. They seem to show up when least expected. Sounds like a great time.

Joe

mekidsmom wrote:

Cool meetup!  It will be good for you to find someone to jam with regularly.  smile

Never ridden a bike.  Yes, the man I call husband owns a two seater.  My 9 year old is his riding buddy.

That is just like my house,, first it was my daughter,, then my older boy for a little bit, and then my youngest,, he started riding with me at age 4 and by 7 we were all over Jacksonville beach and St. Augustine LOLOL

Carla has ridden about 1/2 mile once with me.

i've had some really cool bikes in my time; honda 50, lambretta 150. and a triumph push bike which i still use, 26 inch wheels!

to be honest though, i prefer 4 wheels....

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

My wife Pam hates bikes when we met I used to ride a BSA 500 A7 she rode on the back once for about 2 miles and never we my on it again that was 32 years ago.

Back in the day - 750 Trumiph Bonnieville - hardtail - peanut tank -flames - king / queen seat - raked - over 9" extended forks - Z-bars - haulass machine forward controls. One of a kind (at least here) easy for cops to remember - couldn't read the speed'o above 120 or so.
A harley or 2. Sprint H 1969 - XLCH 1966???
Couple of Honda's CB 350 - 450 Nighthawk
A baby Suzuki X6 Hustler 1968 - fastest 250 6 speed bike when new.
H2 Kaw fastest production bike made when new! (1971)

And then the kids came.

NELA

I used to have a 650 BSA Gold Flash, when someone brought a 250 Honda I told him they would never catch on.

Thick as two short planks