Topic: Greek Wedding music

As I  write ,next  door in the Village school yard there  is  a  Greek  wedding  reception taking place  complete  with traditional Lyra band playing  at  full volume through a  system of  several  kilowatts .The  sound  is  not  too dissimilar  to  some one sawing  a  bag full of cats  in half . It  is  10 pm local time and  they  have  just  started I know  from experience  this  will  continue till at  least  5 am. Thankfully  they  are  some  what  better  than the average so  it is  slightly  less nerve shattering.
May I take this  opportunity to  wish the  newly weds  a  long and  loving  relationship  but  it  doesn't  secretly  stop  me  from praying  for  a  power cut .
Seriously  though events  like this  are  great (when you don't  live next to  the  venue )still I  get  the chance  for  revenge in September  when we  host  the  annual  rock  concert ,now  where's  my  ear plugs .

Re: Greek Wedding music

A good prescription for payback might be a full-volume jam with the musical repertoire of George Thoroughgood ... that'll keep the dust down in a dry spell, for sure!

A good pair of headphones may help Graham! Then in time revenge of the rockers!

Go over and cut the power wires after awile, and invite some friends over for a loud jam session with all amps aimed at them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

By 4 am all was quiet ,at 8 the phone rang ,yep I ignored it.I recorded a minute of the performance last night which I'll up load maybe tonight .please take into acount this as done with the windows closed and the walls of this house are about 18 inches thick and we are approximately100 yes from the stage .Loud!!!!!

Ahhh, traditional greek wedding music.   No thanks, not for long anyway.  I look dorward to hearing the short recording and calling it a day.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Ouch, sounds a wee bit rough! But revenge will be sweet, I'm sure...
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Suffer  for  a  minute 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AixbpxnvTRw

Double Ouch!,did you ever see the movie My big fat Greek Wedding,if not you should see if you can rent it,its Pretty funny,the music was similar. But that is only there for a couple of min.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

yeah  I  have   a copy  its  quite  true  to  life  in a  lot  of  ways ,but  despite  all  the moans and  groans   Its  great  here   the  people   are  fantastic  the  weather  is  superb some  of  the  music is  great its  just the  trad  stuff  grates  on your nerves  after  a  few hours .I  have  some  friends  who  play "modern" lyra   and  they  are  amazing .Its  a  strange  technique  as  you  don't press  the  strings down as in  violin you  rest  your fingernail  against  the string   to  make  the note  my  friend  Kostis  says  its  easy   but  he's  been playing since  he  was  a kid .He  threatened  to  teach  me  but  I  make  it  sound  even worse  than you  can imagine  I'll  stick  to  guitar .

Just listened to your clip, Graham, and I'll retract the George Thoroughgood response. This warrants Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBIyxnpStRw

See if you can watch this without grinning a lot ... great classic raunch & roll.

Its not bad, for a few songs, but alllllllll night...gah!!!!  BTW, Moms got a bunch of old pictures with Greek writing on the back.  I might send you an email about that when I have a few extra minutes.  Do you read Greek by any chance?  I realize you have friends that could help, but I don't want to ask too much.  wink  Also, ever hear of a lady named Oolie Baba?  Not sure how to spell it but I remember her visiting from Greece and playing her record many many years ago.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I  can  ask  some  one  about  Oolie Baba Ami .I  read  a  little  Greek but  I'm sure  our  bass player  Steff  who speaks  very good  English will  help me  with a translation for  you .