Re: Football post for 2014-2015

Well Russell, the Packers are looking really strong at the moment and as long as everybody stays healthy, I sure see them going into the playoffs at an advantage.  Their Defense is incredibly stout, and they are not making a lot of mistakes.... just making yardage and giving none.  Earlier I had thought Denver would be in the hunt too, and naturally got to support the locals (Seahawks), but I doubt they have the horsepower to repeat last year's performance against what has shaped into a really tough end of the season.

Either way it is entertaining, and already I feel my butt getting wider from sitting on the couch munching and watching.....

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Poor Oakland.  It is exactly one year to the day since they last won a football game.  They're 0 for their last 16!

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

jerome.oneil wrote:

Poor Oakland.  It is exactly one year to the day since they last won a football game.  They're 0 for their last 16!

I think you were right jerome the raiders may get Mike Holmgran for a coach.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

129 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-11-18 01:50:03)

0 for 16 shazam that's horrible the only bright light is they get the 1st round draft picks but who wants to go there? yes they need more then a head coach the entire coaching staff maybe Bret Favre will come out of retirement lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Looks like all our teams won there games sunday and the Seahawks knocked the cardinals,the Pack is hot we just barely won,now I looked at the schedule see we got too play Jeromes Seahawks on thanksgiving day! I will be traveling part of the day. I think this is a Fowl thing to happen the cowboys and Detroit almost alwaysplay that day.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The Cardinals win was nice, but I'm still not sold.  The Seahawks defense looked great, but the Cards offense is really, really, bad.  Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald out, and no running game to speak of... That is an offense they should have dominated.  They get to look at Frank Gore for 60 minutes come Thanksgiving, and with Brandon Mebane out for the year, I think it will look a whole lot different.

Their offense did impress me to some degree, though.  They gave up something like seven sacks and still managed to score 20 points.  If the 'Hawks O-Line doesn't get its act together, I picture a very long day for Russell Wilson down in the bay area next week.

The Packers look great, though.  They're my "right here and now" NFC pick for the SB.

Oh yeah, and I don't know if anyone saw Oakland beat KC, but that was a comically good game.   Oakland did every thing they could to lose, and in classic Raider's fashion, screwed that up, too!  big_smile

133 (edited by dino48 2014-11-25 02:09:15)

I think thursdays game will be a real fight and I have too be traveling part of the time,I do think it will be close.  I have not seen the cards for some time. Oakland over K.C. I think they did it by mistake.  The one team I think will go to superbowl  Will be Green Bay they are pretty hot and consistant so I am with you on that.

Sunday in Green Bay is going to be a very important test for the Packers The Patriots are at the top of there game I don't know what the outcome will be but I do know it will be hard hitting on both sides of the ball. Both QB's are hot, both teams have a solid running game and it will come down to turnovers and penalties the game will be as intense as a playoff.

135 (edited by dino48 2014-11-25 18:24:20)

I will be rooting for the packers on sunday, the more I watch them the more I see Rogers and Nelson looking like 49ers Montana too Jerry Rice. I also noticed most games the Pack seems too come alive more in the forth quarter. Cobb is also a big factor in there.

GO PATS.....

badeye    cool

one caper after another

the 49ers got 3 points dino I watched the game the Hawks were relentless on defense and as a final insult ate turkey on the logo at the 50 yrd line if that don't stir them up for there next game at Seattle nothing will.

That was a huge win.  I loved Richard Sherman's post game interview.  The reporter asked him if he played any harder against the 49ers.  He said "No.   They said all week that if there was an open guy they were going to throw to the open guy.  So I was the open guy."   smile

That there is a pretty well documented dislike between Doug Baldwin and Richard Sherman, and their old college coach Jim Harbaugh, always makes this game fun to watch.  Eventually I think they'll figure out not to throw the ball over there, though.

Russell_Harding wrote:

the 49ers got 3 points dino I watched the game the Hawks were relentless on defense and as a final insult ate turkey on the logo at the 50 yrd line if that don't stir them up for there next game at Seattle nothing will.

Niners did not do well,did the seahawks really eat turkey out there? If they did that shows no class at all there team and coaches should be ashamed of themselves. I did not see the game as I was on the road and it was not on my radio. I only heard the score on the news.

dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

Niners did not do well,did the seahawks really eat turkey out there? If they did that shows no class at all there team and coaches should be ashamed of themselves. I did not see the game as I was on the road and it was not on my radio. I only heard the score on the news.

Yes they did dino Russell Wilson and Sherman along with a women reporter it was televised and I agree it was an insult to 49er fans I can tell you one thing it would not have happened at Lambou field I have a feeling where the stuffing would go.

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

Yes they did dino Russell Wilson and Sherman along with a women reporter it was televised and I agree it was an insult to 49er fans I can tell you one thing it would not have happened at Lambou field I have a feeling where the stuffing would go.

I agree o well maybe we can do it back soon they have not mentioned it here in the news. I need too ignore stuffing like that as I have an ulcer so best for me too ignore it,I know it would not happen at Lambou. I am looking forward too The Packers and the Patriots Game that should be a great game and I am pulling for the Packers, I think it will be a close game. I hope the pack is still putting Clay Mathews in the position he has been over the last few games it seems too really make a difference.

142 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-12-01 13:46:14)

That was one tough game to win! hard hitting as expected Aaron Rogers showed why he is the best and the defense stepped up several notches to contain a very potent offence they had to bend but they didn't break. The Pats took away for most of the game there primary receivers with a few notable exceptions and up stepped two more they couldn't cover the pack is hitting there peak at the right time.

Packers looked real good yes terday if they keep playing like tis they will be in the super bowl and it may be against the Pats.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Game of the week  Rams 52  Raiders 0      Now that is really bad!!

Russell_Harding wrote:
dino48 wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

No one in Santa Clara complained when their fans were throwing bottles at Seahawks players at halftime.  Or when they did the wave as the Cardinals waited for Calias Cambel to be carted off the field.  Or when a Cowboys fan got stabbed for being a Cowboys fan at Candlestick.   SF fans crying "no class" is about as kettle/black as it gets. 

Everything Sherman and Wilson do is on the field.  That can't be said about the 49ers fans.

145 (edited by dino48 2014-12-02 01:50:48)

I think it is time too stop talking about this subject. We do not know all that happens on the field and all teams have some bad fans and trouble makers.

Ok lets get back to football!! I like the Pack over Atlanta in Green Bay Monday night. just too many weapons and there defense is getting stronger.

The Packers in Green Bay.... are practically unbeatable.  I'm with you Russell, it'll take some doing for Atlanta to come out of there unscathed.

I am also with Russell the packers look great and I think they are going too be in the Super Bowl!

dino48 wrote:

I am also with Russell the packers look great and I think they are going too be in the Super Bowl!

Time will tell on that I think they are just focusing on one game at a time and keep everyone healthy.

Pac 12 Tonight 6:00PM PST in Santa Clara, CA.  Our Ducks Vs The Arizona Wildcats..... should be a good game!  Naturally I have to root for the Ducks (even though they slaughtered my Beavers in the Civil War Game here a week ago!).

Quaaaakkkkk Attaaaaaaaak !!!!!