Topic: Posting edited songs and copyright

I would like to copy many popular music chordie .pro songs from this site, including lyrics and chords, and rewrite them in a piano/organ/synthesizer-friendly format for listing in my folder in your site.  most songs are currently listed in a general or guitar-oriented format.   Would i be violating any copyright laws doing this or have any other issues by doing this?

Gene Maarkr is a studio artist with 6 albums released on Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon, and many others.  His work is well know throughout the world, writing and recording original songs in different styles including Country, Pop, Indie, Trance, and Rock.

Re: Posting edited songs and copyright

Welcome to Chordie Maarkr!

I believe that you can start a personal songbook, add the tunes that you want in it and then edit the chords, tuning, etc. to whatever you want.
Just be sure to save the changes to your songbook before closing so they will be retained.

If I am mistaken, I'm sure someone will be along to add or correct me, but it seems I read that somewhere in one of the guides or stickys at the top of one of the sections...... just can't recollect which one at the moment.

Welcome Aboard and Take Care;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: Posting edited songs and copyright

maarkr wrote:

I would like to copy many popular music chordie .pro songs from this site, including lyrics and chords, and rewrite them in a piano/organ/synthesizer-friendly format for listing in my folder in your site.  most songs are currently listed in a general or guitar-oriented format.   Would i be violating any copyright laws doing this or have any other issues by doing this?

Welcome here,we are a search engine and get our songs elswhere. The chordie admin puts up on every song that if we are violating that song and they have the right too remove it. once you put it on your song list  it will have an edit right next too it. do not worry about copyright infringment.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman