Topic: E9chord

In your your chord chart  the e9-chord with the 9th on the 1st string is a e#9-chord.

Re: E9chord

Welcome to Chordie!!

You do have a sharp eye, there is an error.... the chord chart labeled as E7b9 is actually the E Dominant 9 (1st position). What is labeled as E9 is something entirely different..... but surely not an E# anything as there are no sharp E nor flat F in Western (Euro.) music. Fretless instruments are able to produce something that might be considered such (and wind instruments) but not a guitar.

E9 consists of:  E, G#, B, D, F#

Thanks for posting;
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hi Doug,

thank you very much for your quick reaction. Excuse me, I obviously chose the wrong nomenclature. What I wanted to say: The E9-chord in your Chart is a E-chord with a #9 (G). The "#" should be associated to the "9" not to the "E". In general my feeling is, that the nomenclature of chords is not very consistent, so it's easy to be misunderstood.

Hans

Greetings Hans,

Like I said you have a good eye!  Unfortunately I don't know where the charts come from.... so I doubt that I can edit it to make corrections.
But having said that, and thanks for your post..... someone with greater power may see this and be able to correct it.

Welcome to Chordie and the forums.  There is a friendly bunch of like minded folk hanging around who will I'm sure be pleased to meet you.
Wander down to the Chat Corner and introduce yourself to the gang!!

Take Care;
Doug

hi quirke, and welcome to chordie. it only goes to prove that no one is infallible. thank you for pointing out the error, hopefully someone further up the food chain will amend the mistake.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Howdy and Thanks for Posting,

The option is located in "sort order" directly to the right of the title "Public Songbooks"...... but it only displays the stars in what appears to be random order not last reviewed highest to lowest or otherwise.

I'll mention it to the rest of the Mods, and we'll investigate and advise.

Thanks
Doug