Re: The best solo ever

Steve Ray Vaughn "Live at the El Mocombo" for solo's that'll
make you say wow.

Hey PatrickJaques your gonna need a "Smoothie". Sounds like you had a good time at the Jazz fest.

Take Care ...Badeye.

one caper after another

27 (edited by patrickjacques 2007-07-09 12:11:57)

Can't find a darn lobster to save my life. First time in my life that I cheereed so much that I ended up with no voice. Being me of course I had to be right there up close. I have to be able to see the fingers. Buddy Guy just blew me away. What a sweet sounding strat. He ended his show by impersonating  what he called his buddies. Albert King, BB king, Eric Clapton and even Jimi Hendrix. I know now why Clapton has been quoted saying Buddy Guy is his favorite peron to jam with. After that show when I believed it just could not get any better on comes George Therogood and the Destroyers. All and all one of the best shows I have ever seen. Over the years I have seen many many shows

what a long strange trip it's been

what about sweet child o' mine solo

I'm glad nobody's said eruption, because most of that is pointless and can't be classified as music. I like Hog Bitch Stomp by Buckethead, among many oasis solo's as well.

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

Hey Patrick , Buddy Guy is coming to the Dutch Mason Blues Fest in august  in Truro, Nova Scotia and we are going. Should be fun.

Take Care ,...Badeye.

one caper after another

Hey Badeye, Believe me you are in for a treat. I honestly think it was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Be sure to let me know how you like of the show.

I will I've got some old footage of Buddy Guy when he was in his 20's. Can't wait

...Badeye.

one caper after another

I have a CD called Buddy Guy The Complete VanGuard Recordings, 3 CD's from 1968 and 1972, His sound is completely different from the show I saw. If you get a chance to check out Claptons Crossroads Concert, thats how he sounded when I saw him.

tjdemartino wrote:

David Gilmour on Dogs

Yes i agree with that.  Gilmours guitar on Dogs is something to behold.  When i first got a copy of the Floyd album Animals, it lay in my glove compartment for ages.  I hesitated to listen to it thinking it could only be a dispointment in comparison to DSOM and WYWH or the Wall.  Well i did finally listen to it and i can honestly say i never listened to anything else whilst driving around for the next six months!  I wasnt even a fan of the guitar before i listened to the Animals album.  Now 2 years later i am a reasonably competent guitar player for a relative beginner.  And i practice frequently to improve whenever i can.  And its all thanks to Mr Gilmour and his genuis.

i gotta say my favorite solo is michael schenker's in "only you can rock me", but what do i know..... : )

John Petrucci's (Dream Theater) solo in the Live at Budokan version of the song"Hollow Years" is incredible. Not only does it show off John's talent but it is a very well musically composed solo. If your not familiar with it then check it out.
~Fender

The Mr. Banker solo.... its a bluesy song by lynyrd skynyrd but its not real well known because it wasnt released until long aftre ronnie died

All You Need is Love smile