1 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-10-18 02:51:12)

Topic: NGD

I have to make a choice between these two guitars they are priced the same and both have Gforce tuning and so many improvements let me know what your choice would be its gonna be tough. I think I am getting the wine red the other looks like my Douglass
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPD15WRNH-15

this is the other
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPD15HSNH-15
I may have to wait for the credit card to be delivered before purchase I will know more Monday I may be able to order it Monday hopefully smile

I have and still am concidering this guitar it is less money and has the same features it is not in stock at the moment I am on a wait list
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPST15WRSN-15

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: NGD

Looks like Sweetwater's site is down, but with your sharp eye for guitar awesomeness, any of the guitars are sure to be fantastic.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Personally, I like the Wine Red one.

<------------  Knows very little about electrics, but understands the name Les Paul, so based purely on looks (because, it seems to me the name, the price, there's not going to be a better between them), I say the first link you provided there.  I'm SURE any would be a great choice!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I completed the purchase a few minutes ago and settled on the wine red Les Paul Yahooooo! smile

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2014-10-18 14:44:02)

Did you go with the "Deluxe" or the "Studio"? My own preference would have been the Studio just to get the '57 Classic humbuckers with the coil-tapping feature. The '57s are (IMHO) the best pickups Gibson has on the market. I don't know what their Minis sound like. Another option might have been the Epiphone Les Paul "Tribute" Plus with '57s, which sells for under $1,000:

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Les-Pa … utfit.aspx

What ever you get, Russell, I know you'll be able to make talk & sing. Congratulations!

mekidsmom wrote:

<------------  Knows very little about electrics, but understands the name Les Paul, so based purely on looks

I'm in the same boat. Never had a solid body so that's what did it for me also.

8 (edited by Russell_Harding 2014-10-18 19:27:46)

Tenement Funster wrote:

Did you go with the "Deluxe" or the "Studio"? My own preference would have been the Studio just to get the '57 Classic humbuckers with the coil-tapping feature. The '57s are (IMHO) the best pickups Gibson has on the market. I don't know what their Minis sound like. Another option might have been the Epiphone Les Paul "Tribute" Plus with '57s, which sells for under $1,000:

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Les-Pa … utfit.aspx

What ever you get, Russell, I know you'll be able to make talk & sing. Congratulations!

I got the Deluxe with auto tune I like the studio but I like the new coils and if I want my Stetsbar trem will dovetail nicely and thanks for the nice words smile

mekidsmom wrote:

<------------  Knows very little about electrics, but understands the name Les Paul, so based purely on looks (because, it seems to me the name, the price, there's not going to be a better between them), I say the first link you provided there.  I'm SURE any would be a great choice!!!

It has a cool feature Amy auto tune all you do is stum it and push a button to get several different tunings standard open D or whatever smile

Russell happy new guitar day.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I understand very little of the above, but Happy NGD to you!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

dino48 wrote:

Russell happy new guitar day.

Thank you dino I will naturally have to do a video lol

normtheguitar wrote:

I understand very little of the above, but Happy NGD to you!
Cheers!

Thanks norm the proof will be in the pudding or how it plays and sounds smile

unclejoesband wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

<------------  Knows very little about electrics, but understands the name Les Paul, so based purely on looks

I'm in the same boat. Never had a solid body so that's what did it for me also.

Took one look and fell in love then I discovered all the innovations Gibson installed and was impressed enough to get it on the spot smile

Very sweet guitar!! I bet it sounds as awesome as it looks. That color rocks!!!!

mekidsdad wrote:

Very sweet guitar!! I bet it sounds as awesome as it looks. That color rocks!!!!

The color is what did it for me Wine Red mahogany it is not light the weight is around 9 1/2 lbs but it will make for a good workout smile

Lots of good new things and old school pick ups it will sound awsome.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Happy NGD!!!!

I'm jealous. SO are you gonna get rid of your Douglas?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:

Happy NGD!!!!

I'm jealous. SO are you gonna get rid of your Douglas?

Possibly for the right price I installed Sperzel tuners but I still have the original Douglass tuners and the Stetsbar Pro Trem

If i were not unemployed at teh time I would make an offer on the douglas myself

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Sooooo... When is delivery day, so that the rest of us mods can be sure to cover for you while you are off?  Lol!  No doubt we will get a good review and some vids!  Congrats Russell!!  Auto tune sounds like a pretty neat feature!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Sooooo... When is delivery day, so that the rest of us mods can be sure to cover for you while you are off?  Lol!  No doubt we will get a good review and some vids!  Congrats Russell!!  Auto tune sounds like a pretty neat feature!

I have not received a shipping verification since it was done over the weekend I think Monday it will be shipped, "O yeah there will be some videos" the Gforce auto tune not only tunes it to standard but several popular tunings and back with the push of a button that is way cool smile

beamer wrote:

If i were not unemployed at teh time I would make an offer on the douglas myself

I hope you find employment not because of the guitar I know the feeling smile

Russell, Congrats. I love those Gibson electrics. Have fun , lets hear some of your recordings with your new toy. You always have enough guitars until the next beauty 'rounds the corner.

Joe

Tyson7 wrote:

Russell, Congrats. I love those Gibson electrics. Have fun , lets hear some of your recordings with your new toy. You always have enough guitars until the next beauty 'rounds the corner.

Joe

Thanks Joe I plan on doing some more recordings cant wait to get my fingers on it and I am looking at a American Fender Tele no such thing as too many guitars smile