Topic: Meatball surgery

last night I decided to attempt the repairs on my Kamen.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10614270_10205412090000980_7324502788240447016_n.jpg?oh=b4fc4f7a0d0ef26dd28ba25a9a123467&oe=54F4CAB3

This is the best pic I could get.  Its the under side of the face right by the neck joint.its loose where the T is and then the fwd to aft pc is 1/2 loose.  I finally had some deep yet small C clamps so I gathered up the clamps some Gorilla Wood Glue, and a syringe.  OH btw that mess you see hanging there is factory glue.  I think I got it all done. lots of glue used! LOLOL

also had a stringer in tthe aft aprt from hole to back that fell off.same process just no pics, also loaded a big zip lock with cat litter to sit on it and press it down.   Pics on the inside of a guitar are not easy LOLOL

bought some Martin Marquis lights for it (.012 - .054) to test it out.  Still need some action adjusted and some frets leveled but at least now I hope to play my long time traveling companion.  I am thinking of deglosing it, make it all Matte. 

OH iI also did do the degloss of the back of the neck as seen in in frudas vid.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGz6IZ … ePqXOJBgXw
I did this to my SG as well as the Kamen.

OK as soon as its restrung ill post a update!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: Meatball surgery

That's a tight spot to work, Beamer!

Kudos to you for even attempting it. I've used Gorilla Glue for other projects, and it's a super product. As my late Grandfather used to say: "It'll stick ice cubes together on a hot day."

Well done!

Re: Meatball surgery

well all the glue has held and the strings are on. It is as good as it ever was.  Now I just need to have the  set up and  frets looked at.   The truss rod has soeme thing funky that I have never seen going on,,,(and I have thus far for 20+yrs let it alone)  but I really do not like the fret buzz and after playing my sons,, its fighting me now.  So time to finally get around to it! LOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)