Topic: New Gadget Day

Do you remember the Fender Strat I acquired at the end of October?

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3937/15023481073_3a510b1ffa_z.jpg

Well, while my back was turned it went and got itself a new gismo:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7577/15753012590_b4f20c523c_z.jpg

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: New Gadget Day

I hate when that happens! These instruments think they can do what they want with no input from us. smile

Now you're set

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Very cool Roger!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

nice upgrade,enjoy!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I think I may have opened Pandora's box lol nice upgrade Roger smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

It is a great addition. OK it is not that cheap, but tuning and keeping in tune is an absolute doddle.

It is also fun to de-tune it just to watch the tuners turn themselves lol

Roger

Now if only someone would come up with a gismo that would remove and install new strings.

Nela

Roger Guppy wrote:

It is a great addition. OK it is not that cheap, but tuning and keeping in tune is an absolute doddle.

It is also fun to de-tune it just to watch the tuners turn themselves lol

Roger

Yes it is lol I get a kick out of it, dose this tuner also feature stored tunings like DAGDAD or Drop D like the Gforce on my LP?

Impressive.  Nice Strat, too.  Can it be programmed for alternate tuning options?

NELA wrote:

Now if only someone would come up with a gismo that would remove and install new strings.

Nela

They have Nela, it's called a good friend who wants to have a go at playing that beautiful strat.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Yes it can be set for alternative tunings, but I have not yet learnt enough about standard tunings to want to get into that.

The only downfall with it is that there is not a proper instruction manual with it but one can be downloaded from their website.

Roger

Roger Guppy wrote:

Yes it can be set for alternative tunings, but I have not yet learnt enough about standard tunings to want to get into that.

The only downfall with it is that there is not a proper instruction manual with it but one can be downloaded from their website.

Roger

Same with the Gforce I had to download a pdf file that explained everything I printed out the most important things I needed and put them in a folder for easy access. I am going to try and install the Stetsbar tremolo on the Les Paul it was designed for it I will see how it works out.

Russell_Harding wrote:

I am going to try and install the Stetsbar tremolo on the Les Paul it was designed for it I will see how it works out.

Don't say things like that in hearing distance of 'Uncle Sam' (her name smile ) she might get ideas about a different whammy bar......

Roger Guppy wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I am going to try and install the Stetsbar tremolo on the Les Paul it was designed for it I will see how it works out.

Don't say things like that in hearing distance of 'Uncle Sam' (her name smile ) she might get ideas about a different whammy bar......

No need to worry I mounted it back on the Douglass and put some heavy guage strings on I will use this for slide and maybe some lead work but the Les Paul will remain a untouched virgin I decided it don't need nothing its perfect they way it is smile

Happy ng(adget)d!  You're so fancy!  Have fun way watching the pegs turn, Roger.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Nice. Now if they would only make one for a 12-string slot-head!

Yep ... that there's a bona fide gadget. Hope you enjoy using it!

All those years of "ear" training for nothing.... replaced with electronic tuners, and now automatic tuning machines.

Pretty soon our technology will make us obsolete (at least according to Stephen Hawking). So I suppose the next big thing will be just to let your computer know what you want to listen to and it'll play it for you???  What's that Cortana?   No I would not like you to connect to Pandora at this time Thanks.....

Have Fun!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare