Topic: Back in the hospital

In mid December I went to M D Anderson Hospital for my 3 month check-up and was told I had some fluid on my lungs and the beginnings of phenumonia. Well, things just kept getting worse so now I'm in the hospital in my home town. Don't feel bad just very hard to breath with all the fluid. Having a lotta bloodwork done, test ran and so on. Also having issues with my crietion (sp) level due to my kidney fuction and since I only have the one left they are watching that closely. Looks like I'll be here for a few more days and will miss our New Year's party where my wife and I were to be  playing music with friends. That sucks. This phenumonia is a non-bactrial type that doesn't respond well to antibiotics, although they are giving them to me anyway. If any of ya'll are feeling generious please send me something to eat as the food here just ain't what I was getting at home.

Nela

Re: Back in the hospital

NELA. I would send you a bag of fish,chips and mushy peas over from the UK, but I think that extend your stay. Get well soon.

Thick as two short planks

Get well soon Nela

Sorry to hear you're having more health issues, NELA ... hope you heal quickly.

On the matter of food part, I expect a Louisiana lad like yourself would enjoy a home-made duck stew, or a heaping feed of "mud bugs" (crawdads). Unfortunately, I can't envision getting either of those to you from Nova Scotia. Most of our ducks have now flown south, and the closest thing we have to crawdads is lobster. And I don't share my lobster with anyone! (LOLOL)

Get well soon, buddy!

Get better soon bud.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Very sorry to hear you are in the hospital NELA. Good thing is they will get you back to feeling better in no time! Maybe someone can sneak in some KFC or some other fast food. Last time I was in that worked for me. And since you and the wife can't go to play, perhaps some players could come to you. If not against the rules, of course. Nothing wrong with bending them a little though! Feel better soon, I'll be thinking of ya!

NELA I was so sorry to hear about your medical issues. My mom is going through similar problems, so I know what you're experiencing is hard to endure. I wish there was a way for everyone on the forum to send you a bit of energy and good health! And that hospital food . . . there's nothing like "healthy" grub to make you want to get back home as soon as possible.

I hope you will get over this soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well NELA, you do what the doc says and get yourself well...... then you can really enjoy the good vittles at home.  Although awhile back I was visiting a buddy who had been in for diverticulitis surgery (they had removed about 10 feet of his intestines) and was on some kind of liquid diet which was (according to Jeff, disgusting) not very satisifying.  The other fellow in the room was there for some kind of chemotherapy, and had managed to order up a mess of Chinese from a local joint..... and they delivered it to the room.

The NSA has nothing in their torture manual that could compare to smelling all that yummy, when you can't have none of it!

Get healed and have a Good New Year!
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Hang in there bud. I hope all goes well for you

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Get well soon amigo and please give all the pretty nurses a New Years Kiss from me.

Roger

P.S.

As the kisses will be from me She Who Must Be Obeyed cannot object lol

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Nela !

One huge bowl of "Dublin Coddle" going your way, with crusty bread to mop up. smile  Puts muscles where ya never had them lol

A warm embrace  also, across the broad Atlantic.. I sincerely hope you get well soon.  Thankfully, ya never lost your wonderful sense of humor. <3

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Hang in there bud. I hope all goes well for you

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Get well soon and keep your chins up. I'd send you a good Virginia ham, but I expect the salt content would be objected to by your nurses. The doctor's objections, I could handle but nurses scare me. A pocketful of milk shake maybe...

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nothing says CRAP like a trip to the hospital and an extended stay for the holidays.  I'm sorry you're in there right now especially, although it's never fun, at least they're supposed to help make things better for ya.  Hang in there Nela.  I can't imagine there's much from NY that'd compare with your regular NELA fare.  Get that wife to smuggle some Gumbo in for ya!  Get well!

Love ya
Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Pneumonia is nothing to mess with. I had a pretty severe case (because I ignored the signs) back in the early 90's. They wanted to admit me to the hospital but I promised to be good, not go to work (for 4 weeks), drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest. Hope you're feeling better real soon.

Joe

Don't feel too bad, just a lotta fluid on my right lung. Not having as much breathing problems as I was and I able to sleep laying down, now. The doctor said yesterday evening that they were going to take another chest x-ray this morning and depending on what it shows I MIGHT be able to get outta here if I promise to stay home and outta the weather.  Sure hope the x-ray come back, good.

OLD DOLL, how ya doin, darling. I was just thinking about you the other day, kinda wondering what ya been uo too. Missed ya around here as you added a lotta CLASS and kept everyone on the straight and narrow. Gotta lotta new Chordie members that don't know about the LEGEND of the OLD DOLL so please come around a little more often. Ya know we ol' timer's still love ya.

Nela

Got outta the hospital yesterday afternoon. Cold with chance of rain tonight so the wife and I stayed in and done nothing. She did feed me a good meal, though. While in the hospital, 3 day's, I lost almost 10 pounds that was mostly fluid. Feel good, now, but plan on staying in and watching it rain, today.

Nela

Glad to hear you broke out, Nela, and got some good grub.  Lay low and take it easy for a bit.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I remember when I was younger, that my grandpa used to sleep at the dining room table sitting up. He had some thing going on with lots of fluid in his lungs and was afraid he would drowned if he laid down to sleep. Strange to say the least.

Take it easy and do what the doc says. You'll be back to normal in no time.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you continue to feel better Nela !

Give everything but up.