1 (edited by siggi56 2015-01-21 13:50:16)

Topic: The Song "Im So Worried"

Good Morning, Y'all! smile

I just looked at this tune from Monty Python's Graham Chapman (I want so sing and play it for my son who worries too much!).

Both for simplicity and key's sake, I took it down to 5 semi-tones which seems to fit. This starts the song in Am and it makes me think about being destined to sing in the minor or lower keys?

How would I find out my range? This is something I ought to know and I took voice lessons, but can't remember the exercise.

Thanks for the help and I hope everyone's having a good week so far!

Bill

ETA: To add "The Song" in the title line because I didn't want you to think I was worried. wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: The Song "Im So Worried"

Howdy Bill,

So you took it down -5... so if you capo on 5 it will be back to original (using the chords you are looking at), move your capo up or down until you feel comfortable vocally and note the capo location at the top of the page (for you).  It will be whatever key it is, but you'll sound fine I'm sure.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

3 (edited by siggi56 2015-01-21 19:07:02)

Re: The Song "Im So Worried"

Thanks so much, Doug! I will follow your advice this evening (after my chores wink ) and see how it all sounds. As soon as I can, I'll get my son to help me set up my machine to upload videos of me playing and singing. There's some stuff of mine there, but it's not worth even searching for

While I'm thanking, I just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for your kindness to me. Y'all have no idea how much it helps me to stay out of the "Doldrums" (somewhere near the Horse Latitudes, I believe smile ) and actually do something creative (other than my chores, that is, and how creative can you be washing dishes/clothes, sweeping/mopping and all that stuff).

At night, I check out my subscription to your YouTube vids to see what's new and watch and re-listen to you again if not, so I have you guys on what's left of my mind a lot. Re: YouTube, please let me know if you have anything there, okay? I'll watch and comment and it'll be like a concert for me. smile If I have forgotten any of you, please know it wasn't intentional and just write me a short note telling me who to look for.

Thanks to all of you for your time and kindness!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com