Topic: Rocksmith?

I'm sure you all have heard of the "game" which also teaches you to play guitar and bass. I bought both versions: Xbox and PC, but was disappointed that among the songs included, there weren't any classic rock tunes. Yeah, "Satisfaction" was on there and maybe one or two others, but the rest, although popular today, were ones I didn't even recognize.

I know a lot of what they can feature has to do with copyrights and buying the rights to use the songs, but if you have the game you already know what I mean. If you don't, then I recommend you consider before you buy.

To be fair, the manufacturers do have "song packs" which you can buy and load, but again - not many classics in my opinion.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Rocksmith?

how did it go for you?  I have not touched it in IDK how long. after it was trying to get me to play Blitzkrieg bop with out power chords.  I just could not use the one note versions of songs.  the arcade was ok but one you got up in levels the LAG was killing me.

wast of my money IMO. got fed up with it and went back to Youtube.   Great potential,, but very lacking in application i think.  yet i see Marty Schwartz and Pappastach geting down on it.  So maybe i need to learn its tricks.  Now I have no tried bass on it yet,, how is that?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

3 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-01-26 16:54:53)

Well, beamer. it did what it promised and I guess if I had stayed with it, I might have improved my playing. It was just the songs which were a turn off for me. Until Rocksmith, I had never heard of The Black Keys (sorry, youngsters!), and since I am "stuck" in Classic Rock and Classic Country, it just made me go "meh".

I'm not sorry I bought the games, because when he comes to see us, our 13 year old grandson Julian, who does know who The Black Keys are, likes the Arcade, and I've taught him how to use the "coming at you" fret markers to play "Satisfaction".

We bought him one of those starter electric guitar kits along with an amp, but lately he seems preoccupied with ----- GIRLS ------ and so when he's here, he plays his mobile phone more than his guitar.

Bass is a little simpler, beamer, but the same tunes are featured. Would you mind referring me to some of the YouTube vids that you use, please?

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Check your yahoo mail bill.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

5 (edited by beamer 2015-01-28 02:55:17)

oh and if you like the white stripes you need this  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj2WbO … l57Kbi2Rzw

Personally  Dead Leaves on the Dirty Ground is one of his best ever.

or marty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgZnwdho9-M  part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZAsLqbZqfU  part2

Hey, Beamer

First thanks for the links in the e-mail you sent me! That was very nice of you.

I had never heard anyone actually call out the tabs before, so when Brett did that, I thought, "How cool is that?!" (It doesn't take a lot to impress me, apparently.)

Anyway, I'll be curling up with my Tak a little later and see what I can learn.

Thanks once again for thinking about me with those links!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Harybald wrote:

I know a lot of what they can feature has to do with copyrights and buying the rights to use the songs, but if you have the game you already know what I mean. If you don't, then I recommend you consider before you buy.

Reported

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass