Re: Your Weather

topdown wrote:
Zurf wrote:

Oh my gosh Jeff!  You may need to go buy a pair of pants, and some socks.

You have no idea how much I hate wearing pants when I am not working - It's miserable I'm telling ya!

Do you mean you prefer dresses or just going naked? wink

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

At home, a short skirt or naked are both preferred over wearing "pants". Of course, in public I would wear a pair of shorts. smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

dino48 wrote:

Oscar Mayers Weinermobile did some spinning in the snow and cold areas around all snow area. I do not know if It got into a wreck or got damaged.

Does OM have more than one of those buggies? If not then the accident happened about 10 miles from me. It was on the local news.

http://abc27.com/2015/02/15/wienermobil … -in-enola/

21F right now. Going down to 9F tonight with a high of 15F tomorrow

2 deg. this morning, had about all the "global warming" I can stand.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

bluejeep wrote:

We had -6 this morning and it should get up to 8 or 10 today.  National weather service is predicting -17 to -20 tonight then things should begin to warm up and get to the 30's by the weekend.

unclejoesband wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Oscar Mayers Weinermobile did some spinning in the snow and cold areas around all snow area. I do not know if It got into a wreck or got damaged.

Does OM have more than one of those buggies? If not then the accident happened about 10 miles from me. It was on the local news.

http://abc27.com/2015/02/15/wienermobil … -in-enola/

21F right now. Going down to 9F tonight with a high of 15F tomorrow

Joe ya that must be it,you would think they would keep that off the road in the snow time.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

82 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-02-20 12:46:53)

bluejeep wrote:

Love this comment ... LOL! I'm not in denial about climate change, but it does seem that in my 57 years there have always been wild year-to-year fluctuations in  weather patterns. 

This year, we didn't really see any snow until mid-January, with above freezing temps all through December. But now it's piled up with a vengeance!

Last year (2013-2014), we had snow running steadily from late-November to early-April, but never in quantities like this year.

The year before (2012-2013), I don't think I started the snowblower any more than 3 times all winter.

And it has always fluctuated like this here in Nova Scotia, where I've lived all my life. A lot of that has to do with living by the ocean, where we can get colder Labrador air one day, replaced by warm Gulf Stream air the next. It's not unusual to have 20 - 30 degree temperature fluctuations in a 24 hour period, which drives us all a bit nuts at times.

-10 wind chill -25 but it is warming up to a toasty 15 above today then back down LOL

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Here's a view across the lovely Oneida Lake

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10685599_10206045662599244_9141419522050352529_n.jpg?oh=c347b559dc4d830cae9d87cd2a06490f&oe=55962A95&__gda__=1431496067_dd7cd03542ea0fd9633e809e6b6f7673

And what it looked like yesterday out and about (we needed to visit Petco to get a new lamp for the fish tank).  I consider this to be "normal" road conditions in February on a major road (there's a mall and every major store you could wish to find on this 4 lane road).  Before you go there... Yes Scott, the inside as well as the outside of my car needs a serious detailing!  BUT... I wash it one day and it's covered in sand and salt and 3 inches of snow the next.  tongue  We've got below zero temps and I'm just thankful to get the wheel wells cleared of rock hard frozen slush so my little red buggy doesn't shake so much on the highway.  wink

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10440716_10206043457864127_2123508468000302748_n.jpg?oh=0764072a7227eed90d4117690e609090&oe=5593FDF7&__gda__=1431357320_3609a64431a675110b0fbc8996496bd6

And last but not least, the view out my front porch and the shovel wide clearing I've got for the kids to get on and off the bus (it's over their heads).  This was taken last night... looks like I need to shovel again. 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/560247_10206050322835747_596781141536774141_n.jpg?oh=fa1466c5c7200fc132cc57799284ec00&oe=558FF450&__gda__=1434714513_b49d6fac06be512e679b4b07ea82c9dd

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

85 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-02-21 13:22:03)

Nice pics of the winter wonderland. I have relatives on Cayuga Lake.

I'm rather found of the second one. The one with the sign that says ARCTIC something or other. Can't quite make out the second word. It's quite appropriate driving down a snow covered street.

We don't have a lake but the pond is frozen solid enough to walk on.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv76%3A%3Enu%3D4%3A64%3E6%3B%3B%3E234%3EWSNRCG%3D3745%3B44698349nu0mrj

10F this morning. 3"-6" of snow coming at us today so I'll be going out to plow later on. There's a chance we may actually get above freezing tomorrow if the sun pokes through the clouds. It's been awhile.

LOL!  It's a "Sun, Snow, and Recreation" shop where you can buy ATV's, Boats and accessories, as well as snowmobiles like "Arctic Cat" brand.  wink

UJB - it doesn't look like there's much snow accumulated there!  Of course, that doesn't make the frigid temperatures any better.  My area had record lows yesterday and an average temperature of NINE degrees F for the month of February so far.  Brrrr...

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

87 (edited by bluejeep 2015-02-21 14:09:14)

Started snowing again last night, 6 inches and still falling at 25deg. Snow plows finally made their way out to us yesterday.  Local weather says its supposed to be rain, wonder if they could send someone to shovel the "rain" off my side-walk? At least the snow held off long enough for "ups" to deliver my new guitar parts yesterday.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

mekidsmom wrote:

UJB - it doesn't look like there's much snow accumulated there!

Nope. Just a few inches with every storm and it's been the light, fluffy variety. After each storm the wind comes howling down off that mountain and blows most of it into the woods. I haven't tried cutting into it but I'm sure there's 10"-12" of ice and the pond is only 5"deep.

Just saw on the Weather Channel that there is no sign of this pattern changing until the second week of March. yikes

Beautiful day here in Nova Scotia,   Minus 4 degrees..   We are going on an outdoor cookout in the woods today. food all prepped, wood in tow, toboggan,s loaded,,    Seems food tastes way better on an open fire.
The snowshoes should handle the deep snow...we will all sleep well tonite...

Have a great day Chordie,,,   in the woods... badeye   cool

one caper after another

Weather is finally warming up here  today.  It hit the middle 30's this afternoon but there was also about 6" of new snow that came with the warming trend - not the fluffy powder that came with the sub-zero temps a couple days ago, but the wet, heavy snow that is good for building snowmen, snow forts and making snowballs but a nightmare for snow blowers and snow shoveling..... Took me over two hours to clear an area that took only 45 minutes just a couple of days ago.  The chute on the snow blower had to be unclogged every couple minutes.

It started snowing again just about the time I was done clearing the driveway, parking area and sidewalks.  I finished a couple hours ago and there's already another couple inches of snow in the areas I cleaned and its still coming down pretty heavy.  National weather service is predicting a sleet and ice storm to hit as the temps cool this evening. Snow and ice build-up on my dish stopped any TV-watching about an hour ago. At least I still have an internet connection and my guitars to keep me occupied this evening.

DE

COLD,,   minus 22..   wind-chill minus 35,  Celsius...

stay warm..  badeye   cool

one caper after another

Yup, she's a brutally cold one this morning here in Nova Scotia. Thought this might be a good time to share a few expressions about the cold:

1) It's cold enough to freeze the knots off a blue spruce.
2) It's colder than a brass toilet seat on the shady side of an iceberg.
3) It's colder than a room full of ex-wives.
4) It's so cold the snowmen are migrating south.
5) It's so cold the lawyers have their hands in their own pockets.
6) It's so cold I chipped a tooth on my soup.

That's just a few, and I know there are m-a-n-y others, some of which are too crude for a family-oriented website.

Brrrrrrr ...

Compared to you guy's we were warm; starting out at a balmy -2 this morning.

Unlike you though, we don't have the wind today so it feels like...................... a balmy -2.

she's cold by....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ou-WIxfLY

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Our 3"of snow predicted for Saturday was a foot deep.  Sunday was right warm. Monday cold again.

Getting tired of it. The river is frozen over. The river never freezes over. It's the Potomac for cripes sake. That's a big honking river with a forceful current. Whatever. I'll fish it in a couple months.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

The Susquehanna is frozen over too. The last time it froze this hard was 1996. The weather turned warm in January and we had copious amounts of rain.

Frozen river, warm temps and lots of rain produced this interesting footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DxG9yOS1dQ

97 (edited by dino48 2015-02-24 20:09:33)

I am beginning too feel guilty here in ca. I just mowed my front lawn and trimmed some bushes. We need rain and snow here we are having a drought. UJB that's some amazing film on the bridge,thanks for sharing it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I think that bridge used to be a landmark for me to know where to turn for getting to a beer distributor I liked when I was up that way.  I went through the intersection last time and wondered what happened.  Was it just down the road from the several waterfront dining spots at a sharp bend where there was a boat dealer?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

dino48 wrote:

I am beginning too feel guilty here in ca. I just mowed my front lawn and trimmed some bushes. We need rain and snow here we are having a drought. UJB that's some amazing film on the bridge,thanks for sharing it.

I hear ya dino - I picked fresh tomatoes and planted peppers and cucumbers last weekend smile I was raised in the Catskills - I'd be fine if I never saw snow again in my life

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I will be planting tomatoes wed. And. Some. Lettuce later this week.