Topic: Jamming with my new Les Paul and C9

I shot this with my Sony HD music camera I am running the guitar thru a Boss ME-50 with a bit of delay and overdrive the other effect is the Electro Harmonix C9 I could have watched a movie but I try to find time each day to practice hope ya like it. smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJgXoZ … e=youtu.be

"Growing old is not for sissies"

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-08 15:33:33)

Re: Jamming with my new Les Paul and C9

Comment left, great sound, Russell.

Is that a wider than normal neck, or is it just my screwed-up eyes again?

Thanks for the share!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Comment left, great sound, Russell.

Is that a wider then normal neck, or is it just my screwed-up eyes again?

Thanks for the share!

Bill

Thanks Bill Yes the neck on a new Les Paul Deluxe is much different then the Les Paul standard it is wider and tappered and the nut is zero tolerance it has the GForce auto tuner and a new humbucker design with a mini toggle volume boost it plays effortlessly with a lot of bite if i want it. The C9 effect is fantastic love it! smile

RUSSELL SHE SOUNDS GREAT,😜

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:

RUSSELL SHE SOUNDS GREAT,😜

Thanks for giving a listen dino smile

6 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-02-08 11:44:35)

Sounds awesome, Russell ... and great playing also!

I've tried both the C9 and B9 and am saving coin for the B9. I just have to have that Cathedral pipe organ sound. Being a prog rock & classical fan, there's a whole pipe organ repertoire I love. I'm currently using the Slow Burn setting on my Boss ME-80 for that stuff, along with lots of Chorus and Reverb ... but the pipe organ will be amazing.

Where do you have it set up in your signal path? I'm currently running Guitar >>> ME80 >>> Amp Input, and was thinking of hooking the B9 through the separate Effects Loop. However, the Electro-Harmonix website says that using an amp's Effects Loop will compromise the B9's performance. What's your advice?

Thanks for the delicious appetizer!

Jeez Louise Dino !!!!   Nice sound - you looked so relaxed and comfortable !!   Wish I could play like that !!

Thanks for sharing - new Les Paul  = Very nice diggs !!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Tenement Funster wrote:

Sounds awesome, Russell ... and great playing also!

I've tried both the C9 and B9 and am saving coin for the B9. I just have to have that Cathedral pipe organ sound. Being a prog rock & classical fan, there's a whole pipe organ repertoire I love. I'm currently using the Slow Burn setting on my Boss ME-80 for that stuff, along with lots of Chorus and Reverb ... but the pipe organ will be amazing.

Where do you have it set up in your signal path? I'm currently running Guitar >>> ME80 >>> Amp Input, and was thinking of hooking the B9 through the separate Effects Loop. However, the Electro-Harmonix website says that using an amp's Effects Loop will compromise the B9's performance. What's your advice?

Thanks for the delicious appetizer!

Thank you TF for giving a listen and your comments, I may get the B9 and add a switch to use both at the same time. My routing signal is:
Guitar>>ME-50>>C9>>amp 1 and C9 (dry output) >>amp 2. Amp 1 is a Sonic PA 100 watt with 2 12" speaker cabinets and amp 2 is a 50 watt Epiphone with a 12" speaker (no effects) I blend the volumes of both amps to get a nice stereo effect it really sounds cool on the stereo Chorus settings very spacious smile

TIGLJK wrote:

Jeez Louise Dino !!!!   Nice sound - you looked so relaxed and comfortable !!   Wish I could play like that !!

Jim

Glad ya enjoyed Jim and my name is Russell lol I usually get a hour or two each day of practice to keep fluid in my execution nothing in particular I just find a sequence of notes that is hard to play and go over it till it is smooth it is amazing what improvements a steady diet of practice can accomplish smile

10 (edited by dino48 2015-02-08 18:50:47)

TIGLJK wrote:

Jim

Tig ya that's  Russell Harding, I wish I was that good!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

11 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-08 18:09:14)

Russell_Harding wrote:

I shot this with my Sony HD music camera.....

Russell I just checked out the price of that Sony music camera you mentioned and man, was I surprised at the price!

$300.00 is very affordablle and I'll include the link to the demo: http://store.sony.com/music-video-recor … Camcorders  . Scroll down just a bit.

Thanks, man! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:
Russell_Harding wrote:

I shot this with my Sony HD music camera.....

Russell I just checked out the price of that Sony music camera you mentioned and man, was I surprised at the price!

$300.00 is very affordablle and I'll include the link to the demo: http://store.sony.com/music-video-recor … Camcorders  . Scroll down just a bit.

Thanks, man! smile

Bill

your welcome! I found a deal with 2 extra batteries and a charger it takes 120 minutes to charge one so I charged up 3 and keep them as spares from one of Amazons stores online

Also, just what I need when I play my final drum solo (and sing "Sam Hall" and sing and play a few other tunes I hope y'all will help me with) at my wake. wink No time soon, don't worry. I'll be around a long time with my aggravating posts! wink

Bill

PS: May have to change "Sam Hall" to "Bill Craig". I'll have to work on that one. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

watched the whole time hoping for some visuals on that green screen back there!

That pedal is rad.

Very cool! Love the les paul and that pedal is something else. Never even knew there was such a thing. But I like it! I gotta get out more I guess.....lol

Baldguitardude wrote:

watched the whole time hoping for some visuals on that green screen back there!

That pedal is rad.

BGD I am cooking up some new green screen vids and I love the sounds in the pedal there all presets but you can alter them just have to work with it a bit like any new gear smile

17 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-11 00:58:44)

Y'all make me hot when you talk about pedals and gear and stuff! wink

JUST KIDDING!!!! I'm happily married to my pretty Dondra! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

hummin n strummin wrote:

Very cool! Love the les paul and that pedal is something else. Never even knew there was such a thing. But I like it! I gotta get out more I guess.....lol

Glad you enjoyed, When I 1st seen a demo of this I knew I was going to get it I am working on the tones for "walk of Life' (it has them) the lick is fairly simple to play just have to dial in the right tones then add the other instruments and vocals. smile

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Y'all make me hot when you talk about pedals and gear and stuff! wink

JUST KIDDING!!!! I'm happily married to my pretty Dondra! smile

Bill

You Georgia boys dont need much to get your motor running lol

OK, you're "baiting" me, aren't you, my friend? smile

Wanna hear some Allman Bros? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1jpQu6qR1E

Wanna hear some......  ummm.... Otis?   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVQmTTnuEvk

Wanna hear some......Atlanta Rhythm Section?...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7VVZQ_BYFE

Dear Friend,

Just wanted to show you about us "Georgia Boys", and no harm was meant at all, Russellsmile\

And I sure do appreciate your being a friend of mine here!

Bill Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

OK, you're "baiting" me, aren't you, my friend? smile

Wanna hear some Allman Bros? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1jpQu6qR1E

Wanna hear some......  ummm.... Otis?   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVQmTTnuEvk

Wanna hear some......Atlanta Rhythm Section?...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7VVZQ_BYFE

Dear Friend,

Just wanted to show you about us "Georgia Boys", and no harm was meant at all, Russellsmile\

And I sure do appreciate your being a friend of mine here!

Bill Craig

I was with the Greenmen in Atlanta and we went to see Otis Redding in concert (we all had green hair) Otis told the audience to give a round of applause for us and asked us to stand up we did and everyone was really cool, later after his show he invited our band to a late breakfast at the lodge he was staying at so we had an early breakfast got to meet all the guys in the band and Otis rest his soul was just a really cool guy very down to earth never forget it smile

You're sounding great with your Les Paul buddy

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

bensonp wrote:

You're sounding great with your Les Paul buddy

Thanks Pete love playing it great guitar smile