Topic: Guitars

I think I need to add to the collection. I only have 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYIIcv_pJHY

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Re: Guitars

Feeling inadequate - I only have 6...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I've only got three, but go for it Roger. You really can't have enough

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Roger Guppy wrote:

Roger

That's what I have unless I count the classical I loaned to my sister 15 years ago.

It's almost enough for me but I want to add 1 more this summer; a high end acoustic. I have to make a trip to the GC and play a few before I make up my mind.

5 (edited by bluejeep 2015-02-12 13:46:20)

Knowing that I need something else to keep me occupied, my wife bought me a double-neck guitar kit to build. Does that count as one or two guitars? Presently I have two guitars, a banjo and a mountain dulcimer.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Me, I only got 5 guitars. 2 of them get almost all of my playing time while the others spend their time shut up in a case. Does that make me a bad person?

Nela

i have 7, 2x 6 string elec, both fenders. 2x 6 string acoustic. 1x 12 string acoustic. 1 crappy elec (which should be boxed or sold or burnt as firewood, but i have a gas boiler) and 1x 4 string bass.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Also a possessor of 5 guitars. They're purposely different (6-string, 12-string, classical, electric, and bass) so I can sleep okay. I just sing to myself in soft tones of self-justification, and all is well. tongue

I've always said that guitars and kayaks are like golf clubs - you need different ones for different situations.  I've got 5 guitars but there's 7 yaks, a couple canoes and a raft out in the garage.  I guess I just need more guitars. wink

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

10 if I include the bass guitar smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Russell_Harding wrote:

10 if I include the bass guitar smile

I have 2 mandolin's. If they're counted, that makes 10 stringed instruments for me as well.

I am way behind

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

3 acoustics, 1 solid body electric, 2 solid body electric basses, a fiddle, and an autoharp. 

If you count the guitars I have 'loaned' to people never expecting them to be returned, add 3 more acoustics.  My usual rule on loans is that they can keep the guitar for as long as they continue to practice or play, but if they decide at some point to give it up then I want the guitar back to pass on to someone else.

Also, two canoes, a raft, and six kayaks.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

seven electrics, three acoustics, mini sitar, lap steel, mandolin, traveler electric, uke. But i'm looking to downsize so I can make room for the baby.

Baldguitardude wrote:

seven electrics, three acoustics, mini sitar, lap steel, mandolin, traveler electric, uke. But i'm looking to downsize so I can make room for the baby.

what? and get rid of a guitar lol

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Haha. Sadly it's time. I have to make room for baby Ella, unless there's a handy carpenter type here who can convert a guitar case in to a bassinet for me. smile

Two acoustics 1 Stratocastor and 1 Espana 335 copy. Air guitars not included,

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Roger Guppy wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYIIcv_pJHY

Roger

If you don't see one you like in that collection, you can go for this one.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/40456095 … show-clips

Since we're including other hobby gear collections, better insert the fishing rods. That would be 5 fly rods, 6 spinning rods, and 2 baitcasters, all in various weights or lengths for various species, conditions, etc. ... or so I tell my dear wife! The 3 kayaks are for when I'm guiding clients for smallmouth bass or trout fishing.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Since we're including other hobby gear collections,

Then I'll move to the hunting side of outdoor recreation.

9 rifles, 6 shotguns and 5 handguns and 8 bows.

One shotgun is a 12ga, 1918 Winchester 97 and one of the rifles is a WWII German Mauser in 8mm.

Roughly 30 fishing rods split amond fly, spinning, baitcaster, and surf rods. A lot of them were bought to have rods to teach children.

6 bows, aching for more, but will wait until I know how to use my two first. The other four are for family and friends to use.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

5 although one is out on long loan lol

"...never marry the first girl you fall in love with and never sell your first guitar..."

I'm still building my collection of fishing tackle and hunting items. There are 7 boats in my yard or under a shed at this time. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 different rods n reels (mostly bass, crappie or catfish), hunting bows, crossbows, arrows and enough guns and ammo to start a sporting goods store. I stay "cocked n locked". 4 mounted deer heads, one mounted elk head, 1 mounted stripper, 4 mounted bass. 2 mounted turkey tails and several turkey beards all hanging on my living room wall + a 10 point buck in the freezer waiting to be mounted. All this "stuff" was acquired when I was a rich man and able to tell my wife that buying  all this stuff was an investment. Now that I'm retired I don't wanna sell anything.

Nela

Nine 6 string acoustics, one 12 string, 3 uke's,1 mandolin, 1 electric bass, 1 electric guitar,1 fiddle,,   

My wife calls them dust collectors,,  I call them 'musical dust collectors'......   

She'll get over it,,,,   badeye    cool

one caper after another

One electric, 2 acoustic, one mandolin and a uke.
Hey NELA. I like the sound of this mounted stripper. I don't know what it is but it sounds like fun.

Thick as two short planks