Topic: view and print ??

when I click on view and print in my songbook  only fifty per cent of songs are showing....can anyone advise me

Re: view and print ??

Not giving me the option to add to my playbook...What's up with that?

sjai33

edinbro wrote:

when I click on view and print in my songbook  only fifty per cent of songs are showing....can anyone advise me

Well, everything seems correct for me, so I have to ask what device you are using, which browser, and if you could send a screen shot to admin so it can be investigated.

Are you referring to only half of your index, or half a page, or only part of what you are seeing actually prints?  More information is always helpful, especially if we have to try to duplicate the issue and search for a fix.

Thanks

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

faroshee7 wrote:

Not giving me the option to add to my playbook...What's up with that?

Over on the right hand side of the song page, at the bottom of the menu, you should find the link to add the tune to your book.  I understand that for some (?) the link used to be at the bottom of the page..... I always assumed that the layout was different on some browsers, and it was a Mac issue.

Thanks

i can't close the postings over the lyrics so i can't even read them on my samsung sm t900 tablet

kaiguitar wrote:

i can't close the postings over the lyrics so i can't even read them on my samsung sm t900 tablet

You might have to change your display settings, there has been discussion about that at:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 28#p158628

Browse around this section for other discussions on issues of pages rendering..... as the mobile version displays differently than the desktop one, and not always as "pretty" on some devices depending on how much real estate is available on the screen.  The frames can get a bit "scrunched" and overlap each other.

Thanks for posting.

I have encountered a problem with pulling up a song.  Many times the ad pops up and it freezes at that point, never bringing up the song.  This occurs with some songs and not others.  Seems like a bug with the ads???

Song book not giving me the option to print from my I pad.....question...can you print from your I pad ?   Help please.

This is really a nice forum. I found it very useful.

Still no response !  Has anyone tried to print a song to a printer from a iPad using Chordie ?   I'm not having any success !

John Preston wrote:

Still no response !  Has anyone tried to print a song to a printer from a iPad using Chordie ?   I'm not having any success !

Sorry John, I like so many others it seems am a PC...... not that there is anything wrong (or right) with that.  But come on you Apple users, surely someone out there can chime in with advise for John concerning this particular printing issue!!!

Hi john
There are some issues with using an iPad to access Chordie and it seems one them with my iPad is the option to print is missing.
I'm pretty sure admin knows of the problems and is working on them.
They maybe able to be resolved in the future we will just have to wait and see.
The option to print  with AirPrinter could be used but not having one I can't say what the results would be.
If anyone has used an Airprinter or found a work round let us know.
ark

I will take a stab at this one... it sounds to me like you're using the mobile version of the website on your iPad. Not all functions are available in the mobile version of the site.  By viewing the "desktop" version of the site on your mobile device, you should be able to see all options available (like the print button).  I'm not sure how iPad print functions work (being an android user) - but try this, you should at least be able to get to the print function of the site once you do:

SAFARI - Open Safari and visit the website. Once it’s finished loading, tap the address bar at the top of the screen to see your bookmarks and most visited sites. Next, swipe the entire panel down with your finger and you’ll see two options appear under the address field: Add to Favorites and Request Desktop Site. Tap the latter button (request desktop site) and Safari will re-load the desktop version of the site for you to enjoy.

There's additional information here.  Although it may not all pertain to your specific situation, some of the info may be helpful or interesting to read:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28070

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks Amy for the info.
The desktop version of Safari which I use does not display the print option and never has.
I'm using a new iPad Air wth lastest IOS software the display is in landscape.
Also the front page of Chordie is missing the right hand box admin is aware with a screen snapshot of the problem.
it's not a major downer but seems to be unfixable.
Maybe if John tries your fix he will have more luck.
ark

humph... I know Admin was working on that, but for some reason I thought this option was a good work around for Safari.  I'm sorry.  Looks like I may have forgotten/missed the talks about the work around not working for you Ark.  Like android/chrome... it probably depends on the version you're using though.

I found that since my phone updated to the latest android version, chrome also updated as well, and now chrome works well with the site again on mobile (and my older android tablet still has ads covering pages and such unless I use the Firefox mobile browser, sadly not available for IOS).  So, I'm guessing IOS and Safari versions may be similar in their capabilities.

I don't know how Apple releases it's updates, maybe your device doesn't have an update available for whatever reason (like I said, mine JUST updated to an OS that's been out for a while and then everything got better).  So, for John (or anyone that hasn't yet) I suggest to check!

1. make sure your IOS is up to date (you won't likely get a newer version of safari without the updated version of IOS). 
2. make sure Safari browser is up to date
3. If viewing the desktop version still doesn't work, try a different browser - Chrome for mobile may work through this issue, or maybe Opera Mini, or Dolphin ??? 

It sounds like desktop version isn't working properly in Safari (like it wasn't in Chrome).  There's got to be a browser that will work around that.  I wish I had an iPad here to tinker with myself!  That's a stinker.  I know how handy tablets/iPads can be.  I used mine exclusively for a few years before getting a laptop - hardly ever touched the old desktop.  Good luck! 

If anyone does find a browser that successfully gets around this issue, let us know in here PLEASE!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.