1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-15 01:13:18)

Topic: Comedic Interactions With Your Audience......

......... at break times or anytime. Do y'all do this? Here are 2 examples:

1. "Folks, we've had some complaints about the next song. We usually play it fast but this time we've decided to play it half-fast."

2. "The first portion of our show was brought to you by Hardy's Shoes. Remember, women go for guys with Hardies on."

So... got any to share?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Comedic Interactions With Your Audience......

The funniest and perhaps most daring audience interaction I've ever seen is this bit from Ian Anderson, promoting prostate examinations and cancer prevention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d3_gOPwSc0

It's done with humour, but one has to appreciate the importance of getting this message out. On that note, I sincerely hope all you +50 year old Chordie guys are having your annual exam. A bit of discomfort is better than eventually discovering a fatal problem.

Between songs, a little banter back and forth with a regular.
Hey how ya doin tonight bud.
I was talking with your wife earlier, and she told me she calls you oatmeal.
I said why on earth do you call him oatmeal?
She said because your hot, mushy and done in sixty seconds!

My bassist prohibits me from doing this.

as yesterday was valentines, i pretended to mix valentines and halloween, saying it was because both were horrors! i asked if any of the guys had bought flowers for their wife? a guy answered and i asked him; what have you been up to then?" he got a nudge
and dirty look from his misses...good enough for the suck-up

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Hi Phill ! smile

When I returned to post here, I think I mentioned there may be times when y'all would have to be patient with me should I not "get" or don't understand something, so this is one of those times. I'm not being flippant nor deliberately obstinate. Also I am not being critical of your content. Being that we're buds, no way would I hurt your feelings deliberately.

So that's the "disclaimer". smile

Okay, here's my problem:  Why is your audience member in trouble? He bought flowers, so she should be happy and all should be well, in my opinion?

That was the question! smile

And finally, here's my excuse for not understanding: Sleep Deprivation. I've been sleeping with one ear and one eye "open", in case Dondra were to fall on her way to her room of baths.

So can ya help a brother out?:)

Thanks, Phill and I hope you and yours are having a great weekend.

Your fellow Musical friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

not a problem young william,

the guy was in trouble because as women have this jealous and suspicious mind they immediately jump to the conclusion that her man is having an affair. ergo; between a rock and a hard place, damned if you do. damned if you don't. it was a joke of course as the guys wife was sitting beside him and laughing too.

maybe it's a British sense of humour thing? must have got wet crossing the pond big_smile

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-02-16 20:55:17)

Ah! The penny droppeth! smile

Thank you, Lord Phill of Chordieville smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass