Topic: saint davids day

today being march 1st it's saint davids day, the patron saint of wales. *dydd gwyl dewi hapys i chwi gud.*

phill

*means happy st davids day to you all smile

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: saint davids day

Happy saint davids day.,I have never heard of st. David before this.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

But being that it's Wales, David is spelled Xrryglvandinnidim.  :-)

Happy Saint David's Day to our Welch friends.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

4 (edited by Phill Williams 2015-03-01 22:40:17)

FYI Mr Zurf, there are no X,Z,K,J,Q or V's in the Welsh alphabet, but close lol

but you will find Dd which sounds like a hard th. Ll, is totally unexplainable, Ch, which is good for clearing your phlegm and Ff which sounds like F as F sounds like V. it may sound complicated, but it's my first language cool

history lesson coming up;

Christianity was well established in Britain long before the English (Vikings) or the Roman catholic church came along. St David, who is buried in the cathedral in the city that bears his name on the west coast of Wales was kicking evil's backside just after the Romans left and died in the 6th century.

another piece of trivia for you, i once wrote a song called "magie coulter" about a homeless lady that died on her pilgrimage to the city of St Davids...seems like a long time ago....

Well, since the conversation is about saints:

Today is the 65th birthday of Dirty Ed, patron saint of adult beverage swilling, campfire guitar picking kayakers and river runners.........;)

Hopefully I'll be in heaven some day.  Many years ago I spent what seemed like an eternity trapped in "Hell Hole" in "Pure Screaming Hell" rapids on the Gauley River in West Virginia before my yak was finally flushed out.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Well Happy St. Davids Day (My Great-Great Grandfather was from Wales) I really know little about that country, I'll have to remedy that. And Happy Dirt Ed Day as well - see ya in a couple of weeks!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Happy birthday Dirty Ed! 

You may not have been in heaven yet, but you sure seem to enjoy Almost Heaven.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy birthday Ed.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Phill,

you can't put that out there without sharing !! C'mon - I want to hear "magie coulter" !!!

Happy St. Davids  smile

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Least I forget Happy Birthday Ed have one for me smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Happy St David's day.

Happy Birthday Dirty Ed.

Happy Birthday so my sister Jean who know one knows and as she does not play an instrument she will not see this message. but who cares!! lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Zurf wrote:

Happy birthday Dirty Ed! 

You may not have been in heaven yet, but you sure seem to enjoy Almost Heaven.

I knew you would make some sort of "Almost Heaven" comment Zurf.

Thanks everyone.  I'm beginning to feel some birthday GAS starting to form, but I think I'll wait until after Chordiestock to see if I'd still like a new ax or just burn some of my old ones after listening to all the great pickers. wink

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Also Phill, the first settlers on the Falkland Isles, (a place close to my heart after working there for a couple of years) are reputed to be from Wales. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thick as two short planks

14 (edited by Phill Williams 2015-03-02 21:38:01)

happy birthday ed and also to jean. penblwydd hapus ich ddoi (happy birthday to you both)

hi jimmy, magie used to be on my-space, i'll have to check and share the link, if not i may revisit and/or re-record. i'll let you know

here's the link

https://myspace.com/phillwilliamswelshm … -104677645