Re: Digitech Trio

dino48 wrote:
Grah1 wrote:

Got  the trio  today  and  just  gave  it   trial .Highly  recommended .

Glad too hear you got one also,I will get one soon it is on my list for sure. I like too pay cash for all things I buy so I do have too wait longer then some others.

dino the  wait is worth it good luck with it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

backordered til July in U.S. sad  tried every distributer I could think of

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Well, it appears I could've bought the Trio instead of a Simmons drum kit & Ibanez acoustic/electric bass (especially since I cannot play either, really), and had my "backup band" all in one effect box... sigh.

Oh, well, live and learn, eh?
(...learn to play drums and bass, that is!)

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

is the pedal a special pedal that goes with it ?  I have a regular pedal
I just ordered it from Guitar center  will ship july 6

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Wow this is really poplular if the sellers are all backordered!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I just looked around at some Canadian sellers of the Trio, and they're all sold out as well. Russell may have got the last one in North America!

Tenement Funster wrote:

I just looked around at some Canadian sellers of the Trio, and they're all sold out as well. Russell may have got the last one in North America!

Kind of looks that way TF I spent around 3 grand at sweetwater this year and I really bugged them a lot to get one I think they just wanted to shut me up LOL

TIGLJK wrote:

is the pedal a special pedal that goes with it ?  I have a regular pedal
I just ordered it from Guitar center  will ship july 6

yes the pedal is special it has a record stop button, toggle mode and and track arming I dont think a normal or regular pedal will work it might even damage the unit

34 (edited by Grah1 2015-06-14 13:14:17)

Gonna  try  mine  live  at  Kendal arts  festival  next  weekend  I've programed 3 tracks  into  it  and will  use  it   separate  to  the looper  which  has  the  remainder  of  my  set  in , biggest  problem is  making  sure  all  the  levels   are  ok when using  loops  ,drum machine  and  now  the  trio  so  I've  made  notes  and will  mark  positions  for  all  the  knobs etc  on my  song  sheet. Sounds  great .
Biggest  challenge  for  me  is  standing  for  the  duration of  the  set as  my  guitar rubs  badly  against  the  scar tissue from my  recent  surgery  so  after   a  few minutes  I  find I'm quite  sore and  uncomfortable .

Grah1 wrote:

Gonna  try  mine  live  at  Kendal arts  festival  next  weekend  I've programed 3 tracks  into  it  and will  use  it   separate  to  the looper  which  has  the  remainder  of  my  set  in , biggest  problem is  making  sure  all  the  levels   are  ok when using  loops  ,drum machine  and  now  the  trio  so  I've  made  notes  and will  mark  positions  for  all  the  knobs etc  on my  song  sheet. Sounds  great .
Biggest  challenge  for  me  is  standing  for  the  duration of  the  set as  my  guitar rubs  badly  against  the  scar tissue from my  recent  surgery  so  after   a  few minutes  I  find I'm quite  sore and  uncomfortable .

Ditto on the standing Graham to many cigarettes early in my life messed up my lungs dont have the wind I think each venue is unique with regards to sound so you will need to do a sound check but  not to worry your a pro good luck! smile

used the  trio   live  today  worked  perfectly   I  used it  in conjunction with   my  usual set  up  of  boss looper and  zoom drum machine .Consensus  was it  sounded  great  one  comment  was  thats  a  great  sound   all  made  by  one  guy . I'll  try  and  post  a  vid  soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fmv6If … e=youtu.be

This vid  of  me playing  my  own song  Stone  at  the  Kendal  arts  festival

That was awsume Graham,Glad to see you back and playing

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

39 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-06-21 01:49:06)

Hey Graham

I enjoyed the song very much .   terrific lyrics - outstanding guitar work ! 
Good to see you up and at it.

Well done my friend !!

What type of gig was that you were playing at ?

jim

Well done!! liked the song the guitar volume could have been lower to bring out the bass and drums but overall I think it went very well, congrats on the purchase of the Trio  and keep doing what your doing very nice Graham smile

Jim  it was an art festival at Kendal I did a half hour there several folk type acts a dance troop and a band that sounded a bit like the red hot chillie peppers.I played next to last.
Dino thanks for the positive comments
Russell yeah I know what you mean but we had a problem during the set up time and had had to rush the sound check a bit.Due to the way I had every thing wired the soind guy only had control of the overall mix and the mic level and so culdnt raise the level of the bass and drum if I'd had time i would have fed the trio the loop and my drum machine into seperate channels then it could have been easily ballanced,but never the less the overall sound was pretty good for a first time out with the new kit.

Grah1 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fmv6If … e=youtu.be

This vid  of  me playing  my  own song  Stone  at  the  Kendal  arts  festival

Nicely done, sir.

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkicwMw … e=youtu.be

Another song  from the  Kendal gig  this  is  a  cover  of  one  of  my  favourite  songs  Another  girl another planet  by  the  Only  ones

Grah1 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkicwMw … e=youtu.be

Another song  from the  Kendal gig  this  is  a  cover  of  one  of  my  favourite  songs  Another  girl another planet  by  the  Only  ones

Better mix on this one nice song too well done!! smile

Russell et al

I purchased the Trio and effects pedal - it is coming tomorrow ! smile

I do have a a question though before it gets here.....  as mainly a songwriter rather than performer - how do I  send the end product to my computer for recording ? Is there a special chord that has to go from amp to computer or do I have to just use the mic from computer to pic up the sound produced ?? Is that possible ?  Please let me know how you do it.  Thanks

Jim

46 (edited by Russell_Harding 2015-06-30 16:06:37)

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell et al

I purchased the Trio and effects pedal - it is coming tomorrow ! smile

I do have a a question though before it gets here.....  as mainly a songwriter rather than performer - how do I  send the end product to my computer for recording ? Is there a special chord that has to go from amp to computer or do I have to just use the mic from computer to pic up the sound produced ?? Is that possible ?  Please let me know how you do it.  Thanks

Jim

Congrats Jim! Ok if your amp has a output jack you can buy a special 1/4" to mini stereo plug and plug it into your mic input on the pc then open your DAW program (Audacity or Reaper et al) and designate the mic input as the source, on Audacity you can monitor the input to see if it is picking up what your amp is sending. Another way is using a mic to record the amp or if you got a few bucks you can buy a Gibson memory cable that uses a 5 gigabyte card and stores all the songs you create then plug it into a card reader and upload it they make them with USB output as well as a card reader for a laptop.

It is possible you could go from the amp output on the Trio to your PC with a STEREO 1/4 to mini STEREO jack into the microphone input on your PC but I don't know if your DAW will amplify the signal but it should just click monitor input if the bars move then your good to go but I would use headphones plugged into your Trio otherwise the latency (delay of signal) could confuse you

Russell,

I just want to be sure before I blow out my computer or something.....

I have a Fender Frontman 212 R  100 W amp .... it has a Preamp output jack. I have the cable that goes from the to 1/4"  to the mini  which is what I can plug into the mic jack on my computer. Is that ok ?

OMG - Got my Trio today....   it took me a while to figure it out ... at least to get started......  but holy crap is this thing fun.

I can't wait to actually figure it out for real - as in knowing what I'm doing ! This is definitely $$$ well spent. 
Although my wife might disagree sad

Thank you  Russell !!   smile   smile    smile

The trio is awesome I showed it to my friend whos gonna be playing bass with me later this year when I'm a bit fitter and he said what do you need me for when you have that.
Its a great tool especialy for practice,  nearly as good as the reall thing ?certainly more reliable than one of our bass players ,no names mentioned.

TIGLJK wrote:

Russell,

I just want to be sure before I blow out my computer or something.....

I have a Fender Frontman 212 R  100 W amp .... it has a Preamp output jack. I have the cable that goes from the to 1/4"  to the mini  which is what I can plug into the mic jack on my computer. Is that ok ?

I am not sure how the Fender pre amp works but try it and see it sounds ok just watch the volume settings on the amp and the input signal on your pc and I would set the bass and drum control volumes on the Trio in the middle or mix them to your liking