Topic: "Schatzki Ring"

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen

Do you know the above term? Since many of us sing and play, I wanted to pass this along in the hopes that it will help.

Ever had a small piece of food stuck in the back of your throat and try as you may, that thing just sits there and you can't get it coughed out or  get it to move down your esophagus?

That's what it's called and I had it all day Tuesday.

I finally got so miserable and so tired of bothering Dondra with the *hack, hack - snort, snort*, I decided to google it and found this:

Before you watch it, let's do a disclaimer and like the guy in the video let you know I am not a doctor and I don't assume any liabililty if it doesn't work for you, okay?

I also recommend that after the guy in the light polo finishes, you let it run and let Charles show you his. It worked for me and I feel so much better, so may it work for you and help you as well.

Here's the link and see y'all later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNDPbODWBwg

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: "Schatzki Ring"

I thought I'd try this although I didn't have a problem. Until i tried it that is. It seems like an effective way of committing suicide.
Thanks Bill but i'll give that one a miss

Thick as two short planks

smile. I don't blame you, KIR, I just posted it in case it happened to one of you singers, because I can imagine it making y'all miserable while trying to perform.

If the method shown in the vid didn't work, the next suggested step is the Heimlich Maneuver. After that, it would be a trip to the ER for a laryngotomy.

Just something to "file away in your memory bank", my friend and I hope you never have to use any of those.

Have a good one, KIR

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

No problem Bill. I find the best cure for any ailment, be it physical,mental or otherwise, is wash it down with a beer.
Incidentally, I've never been called a singer before, or a guitarist.
Take care Bill.

Thick as two short planks