Topic: Blending In

I saw this pic of an owl doing his best camouflage job, and thought it would be worth sharing:

http://rstorage.filemobile.com/storage/22363582/1085

Spring has arrived in Nova Scotia, which means lots of trout fishing, kayaking, and outdoor activities. After the winter we just endured, it's been more than welcome.

Re: Blending In

Very cool.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thats is some great camo! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of our spring house guest, a screech owl, who spends a few weeks living under my back porch deck.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

4 (edited by NELA 2015-05-07 13:54:53)

Great picture. Anyone who has spent time outdoors gets to see some sights others just never see. I was phoshing one day severals years ago when I heard a racket in a hollow Cypress tree. All of a sudden there was an owl that came out of a big split near the top with a snake in its talon. I watched the owl poisition the snake so it could kill it then fly off while carring the snake. Righjt time and place to see nature at work.

I've seen deer playing chase (looked like they were playing tag)
Watched river otters at play
Watched beavers at work.
Gone mole hunting in my back yard
Seen the fog over the Grand Canyon while looking down on it.
Just to name a few.

Nela

Just a thought, TF, That picture is so good you may want to submit it to some sporting or outdoor clothing magazines.

I miss fishing. Not too much here in the desert.

That's really cool.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

7 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-05-08 09:59:17)

NELA ... I agree 100% with what you say about the outdoors. Been at it all my life, and would go insane if I had to live in a "concrete jungle". Here's a short quote from a 1964 book by Robert Traver (Anatomy of a Fisherman) which sums it up nicely:

I fish ...
... because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful, and hate the environs where crowds of people are found, which are invariably ugly.
... because of all the television commercials, cocktail parties, and assorted social posturing I thus escape.
... because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing something they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion
... because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience.
... because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I for one don't want to waste the trip.
... because mercifully there are no telephones on trout waters.
... because only in the woods can I find solitude without loneliness
Finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns on men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun.