Topic: Google Ads

I haven't been on the site for ages and now I am, all I get is Google Ads covering half the screen. Is it just me.....????

Re: Google Ads

Hi clem no we all get some ads but if you want the free brousing etc here you need some money too pay for the site. Got too pay the bills!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: Google Ads

Howdy Clem,  There have been lots of comments about ads interferring with page display frames.  You might check this link to another discussion here on the topic and see if it works for you too,   http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27009

The ad block plus plugin seems to cure most of the problems as does holding [Shift] while reloading the page.  Let us know how it goes for you.

As Dino mentioned, some revenue for supporting the site comes from paid advertising and Google has a piece of that, but there are ways around having them disrupt your ability to access the information here on Chordie.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare