1 (edited by NELA 2015-06-29 20:56:14)

Topic: Surgery tomorrow

Gonna be outta packet for a couple of days due to my surgery, tomorrow. Per the Doctor, things should be simple in fixing the 2 hernia' on my stomach. The surgery is planned to be done robotically(sp) with no more than 4 small incisions. But, he said that due to the cause of the hernia's being from a pervious surgery and the amount of scar tissue that may need to be removed things could get complicated. If that happens he would have a "team" ready to "open me up. In 2012 I had major surgery that left me with a 15" scar from my breastbone to below the navel. The muscle tissue around the navel has seperated and about 1 1/2" above my navel the muscle tissue has seperated about 4" under the scar. In both of these places the only thing holding my "gut's" in is the skin on my stomach. If everything happens as simple as the Doctor thinks it will I could be in and aut of the hospital in the same day - my fingers are crossed. Regardless of if this surgery is simple or complicated I'm gonna have to wear a damn girdle for several weeks.

And to add to that I gonna gave 5 rows of sweet corn ready to pick and put up this weekend. Gotta be picked, shucked, silked, cut off the cobb, cobb scrapped to get all the juice, blanched. packaged and put in the freezer. Anybody wanna help (on halves?). Gonna be about 1000 ears (+ / -)

Nela

Re: Surgery tomorrow

I'll be saying a special prayer for you Nela. Wearing a girdle is ok but no lipstick, pasties or high heels.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Hope all goes well for you NELA.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

bluejeep wrote:

I'll be saying a special prayer for you Nela. Wearing a girdle is ok but no lipstick, pasties or high heels.

What bluejeep said ... all of it! Hope all goes well for ya, buddy ... the corn can wait.

Tenement Funster wrote:
bluejeep wrote:

What bluejeep said ... all of it! Hope all goes well for ya, buddy ... the corn can wait.

Ditto ! all above.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Good luck buddy and I wish you a speedy recovery. Sure wish I was closer I'd give you a hand with that corn. About the only thing better than fresh corn is homegrown tomatoes

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

NELA, the good vibes are with ya!  I learned how to grill my corn without any shucking involved and slide the silks and husks right off.  I don't know about 10000 +- though.  Wow, that's a LOT of corn!  I wonder though if a good ole Chicken cooker would work with the corn.  Anyway... I think the doc would agree that even if all goes well, someone else is going to have to take care of it this year.  Good luck, here's hoping you're just full of holes and no massive scars inside to get in the way.  wink  Love ya!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

8 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-06-30 00:33:24)

NELA wrote:

And to add to that I gonna gave 5 rows of sweet corn ready to pick and put up this weekend. Gotta be picked, shucked, silked, cut off the cobb, cobb scrapped to get all the juice, blanched. packaged and put in the freezer. Anybody wanna help (on halves?). Gonna be about 1000 ears (+ / -)

Nela

That's a lot of corn! The most we ever had to process at one time was around 30 dozen. We froze half and canned the other half. It's a lot of work.  But when winter rolls around and all I have to do is go to the basement for dinner, it tastes soooooooo good.

Unfortunately 1200 miles is a bit far to travel or I'd certainly give you a hand.

Best wishes for a quick and easy operation.

Good luck finding a neighbor or parishioner or somebody to help you with the corn.  Were I there, I'd help you and wouldn't take more than a dozen ears or so. 

As always, I'm hoping you get you some good drugs for the surgery.  Sounds uncomfortable as heck, but better than keeping the hernias.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Good luck Nela. Hope everything goes well.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

All the best Nela, wishing you a swift recovery. I hope you get help with that corn, sounds like you do not have a garden but a small farm instead. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I hope it's OK that a newb can send good thoughts and juju your way...

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Let the nurses give you some TLC, buddy! All your friends will be waiting to hear about your successful outcome, and if I lived closer you know I'd be in that cornfield with all the rest of 'em. I can shuck some corn, my friend! All the best from

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Wishing you the best on the surgery I had the same operation best to get it done soon before it grows

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Sounds like a line from "I Shot The Sheriff", Russell. "He said 'Kill it before it grows' ". smile

Agreed though, best to get it done early. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hope it goes well Nela & you recover very soon...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

17 (edited by keepitreal 2015-06-30 19:17:07)

Haven't got a clue what shucking & silking is. Just get yourself right NELA.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

Peeling the husk off the corn and then picking the silk strands off of it. If you're good, you can get most of the silk off with the husk. smile

keepitreal wrote:

MUST VISIT AMERICA, MUST TRY CORN ON THE COB!  smile  Shucking and silking is learned at a very early age around here.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Aw, shucks, Amy! smile smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

mekidsmom wrote:

Shucking and silking is learned at a very early age around here.  smile

Ain't that the truth! Kinda of a right of passage. When you're asked to help shuck corn, you know you're a big boy/girl.

I would love to visit America, although I'll leave the shucking & silking to the experts. At the moment a holiday in America seems a strong possibility. We usually visit the Greek islands, but the way their economy is going I'm not to sure. How are things back in Crete Graham, have you heard anything?

Thick as two short planks

Any news, y'all?

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

keepitreal wrote:

I would love to visit America, although I'll leave the shucking & silking to the experts. At the moment a holiday in America seems a strong possibility. We usually visit the Greek islands, but the way their economy is going I'm not to sure. How are things back in Crete Graham, have you heard anything?

I heard on the news Greece is only allowing people to take out 60 euros a day and the banks are closed for a week.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
keepitreal wrote:

I heard on the news Greece is only allowing people to take out 60 euros a day and the banks are closed for a week.

I haven't seen anything tonight but as of this morning they're working on some kind of new bailout deal.