1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-03 14:17:05)

Topic: An Alternative "Happy Birthday Song"

Mojo inspired me to dust off one of my older songs I wrote a while back. It's on cassette somewhere and as soon as I find it, I'll put it up after conversion to MP3. It's awful though, y'all.

Here's the words to a Happy Birthday song I wrote to do at family birthdays and sometimes on the air when I was in radio. It's done to the tune of "Folsom Prison Blues" It's in E. If y'all look up the JC song, it just follows the same E progression:

(the normal way the songs starts with lead guitar part.)

"We wish you a Happy Birthday, we hope that you have fun.

We hope that you have many more, and this ain't your last one.

You need a Happy Birthday, 'cause time keeps rollin' on.

And if you can't be happy, you might as well be gone......

(The instrumental break/bridge, end with the same lead as the intro, then everybody yells: "Blow 'em out _______!" )

Yeah, I know: a little "dark" isn't it? But you have to know my family. We're all weird and bats**t. smile

Sorry, no mic right now, so if someone wants to take a whack at it, be my guest. Hell, use it if you want. smile (Somehow, I don't think anyone's gonna want, though. smile )

Love youse guys and lady! Have a safe and happy Fourth, you 'Merkin Gherkins. (with a wink wink and a nod to 'Mo)

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: An Alternative "Happy Birthday Song"

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

"We hope that you have many more, and this ain't your last one."

LOVE it!!! big_smile

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Thank you, 'Tails! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

4 (edited by keepitreal 2015-07-03 20:12:49)

"all weird and bats**t" What an odd expression. I'll take your word for it Bill. Anyway, I hope you all have a great 4th of July.

Thick as two short planks

Yup, that's a bit dark, Bill ... but all in good fun! It put me in mind me of an old Emerson, Lake & Palmer Christmas song:

"Hallelujah! Noel! Be it heaven or hell,
The Christmas we get, we deserve."

Good stuff bill.
I love doing b/day songs for friends, usually it`s just of few
jokes about them and throw in a few chords.
amazingly, so far, i have not been assaulted!

The King Of Audio Torture

Sounds like you did a good job on the song the lyrics are good,keep it up Bill!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I LIKE it Bill!  I'll have to give it a try.  We're a little crazy here too.  wink  I'm sure my dad would approve.  I grew up singing songs like The TB Blues and Mellow Yellow around the campfire; you know, good wholesome family songs for kids to learn.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

9 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-04 17:33:28)

Thanks, all! Y'all always manage to bring a smile to this craggled old face and I thank you very much. I had decided to uninvite myself from the festivities today, but now, since I read this, I'm getting my TakJaz ready, someone else is (hopefully) bringing his banjo, and maybe I'll have something to share.

Thanks, Family! Y'all ROCK

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

keepitreal wrote:

"all weird and bats**t" What an odd expression. I'll take your word for it Bill. Anyway, I hope you all have a great 4th of July.

Thanks, keepitreal!

Yeah, I'm the "odd" one around here, but I sure don't mind! smile Got a shorter way to write your nickname? wink

Al the best to my friend from Nottingham. Hey, how about "Hood" from Robin, who, IIRC, wreaked some havoc there? Just kidding! wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass